Castor Wedges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
G'day everybody!
Iv got a question about a 2 inch lift in a d22 and how it effects the rear diff uni joints and the alignment angles?
Do they need to be wedged or shimmed?
Iv tried to do a search but couldent find much info so far.
Many thanks in advance!

:cheers!:

Haven,t heard of anyone having issues with rear uni angles, As for front alignment i changed t/bars and wound up close to 50 mm and had a wheel alignment no problem

No need with 2".

Plus castor wedges just introduce driveline shudder. Uni joint pairs are designed to work with parallel outer sections.

When i was using extended shackles i got alot of tailshaft vibes, put some 2deg snake racing wedges under the springs and it got rid of the vibes.

i think lifted aftermarket springs would allready be set to give the diff the right pinion angle.
i also still have the wedges at home if anybody wants them

James

Just recently fitted 2" extended shackles and under normal cruising all is fine but upon harder acceleration a bit of a vibe came on when peak torque was on.
I had a look at the angle of the pinion to tail shaft and decided to space UP the centre bearing mount, this helped get the tail shaft and pinion shaft more parallel, I only did this because it was quick and "just to see" but I'll be buggered, it has improved it so much I might look at this some more.
I'm looking at raising the gearbox by removing the spacers above the cross member and spacing the centre bearing up more to improve the drive line angle.

Latest posts

Back