06 STR Power window burnt out?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joely1991

Reaction score
Has anyone had a passenger window motor and switch burn out? or does anyone know where i can get one at a reasonable price, I'm still waiting for Nissan to get back to me but i think im gonna have a heart attack when they tell me the price..

Basically i got in my car today, mate in the passenger seat went to put his window down, wouldnt work.. but the controls on the drivers side allowed me to put it down.. drove for a while then put the window up.. about 20 mins later just driving along and the passenger front window winds it self down.. so i pulled over as soon as i could because i could smell plastic burning or something like that.. not only has the switch on the passenger door for the window burnt out but seems as though the window motor has too. The button must have been stuck in the down position and burnt out the motor, i thought thered be some sort of protection for this. but apparently not. So now i've got a car with one window perminantly stuck down til i can get another motor and switch.

Dude if your concerned about having the window down all the time I would be pulling the door card of and see if you can disconect the drive somehow and close it manualy . You may not be able to use the window till itsfixed but Hey you can use tha air con.:cheers!:

I bought brand new switch from Nissan.. and a motor from the wreckers.. removed old one and found it will operate downward but not upward.. and the replacement motor is doing the exact same thing ! and i can only make it go in the downward motion using the passenger door switch.. the drivers door switch that operates the passenger door doesnt seem to work for some reason.. so basically im back to where i started.. i really dont think both the motors are buggered. ver unlikey anyways..

Switch from nissan was $70 and they wanted $611 for a new motorr.. but instead i managed to get a motor for $150 from a wreckers.

So its looking as though something in my wiring is burnt out or something? only one fuse for the power windows which is in the engine bay and its fine (all 3 other windows are operating fine.

do navaras run a drivers side master switch, i ask because i had a similar problem in my old car it turned out it was the master switch doing it which made the others burn out, no idea if thats true or if they just wanted more moneys but its fixed now

drivers door window switches work in series with the passenger door switch as a master. so, if your new pass dr sw is brand new, it must be the drivers door. a test light here is the answer my friend.. at the motor, both wires should be at ground potential. then if the drivers door sw is used to go up, then the ground is removed from the (up) wire and repalced with pos. this then flows through the pass sw ( normally closed ) and to drive the motor (up). to go down the opp is the case. if the passenger sw is used, then this is the last thing in the line, so power comes from this switch, but the earth/ground on the return wire still needs to go through the drives sw as well. hope you understand this. !

Last edited:
Cheers for the replys.. And yes it ended up being a problem with the drivers side master switch.. i pulled it all apart to find one circuit on the circuit board to be burnt out, i simply resoldered it and im back in business. So it looks as though the cause of the whole problem was the passenger switch mechanism some how coming loose and the connection of an active and neutral happened.

So if anyones after a LHF Elec window motor, i now have one for sale. ( the wreckers wouldnt give me my money back)

Back