d22 chip and exhaust awesome

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woggadog

Reaction score
hi all have just fitted a stienbaur chip and a 3 inch sports exhaust to my 05 str d22. if you want better performance do it. i now turn hills into flats. can not beleive the difference awesome. will be interested to see how the economy is.

Who cares what the economy is when it goes like that! Haha

Its high on my list of things to do too. Where are you located? Did you fit it yourself or get someone to do it for you?

^ You drive a D40, last time I drove one it wanted to sit on 120km/h all the time.

Overtook cars when needed and looked down at the speedo, "Oi shit 150km/h" with ease.

That D40 was standard, was a hire car. So probably hardly ever got serviced.

Gonna have to buy me a chip soon I think.

Dave.

Congrats on the mods, high on my to do list as well.

Did you get dyno results at the different stages?

is there anything to stop us from putting in larger volume injectors and then having the fuel pump adjusted to compensate? eg. new injectors and do dyno tuning.

it wouldnt be cheap as each injector is nearly a grand and theres 4 of them, but if it brings the power up pretty well like the d40 it could be a possible mod.

bigger injectors, remapped ECU but you will need bigger turbo.
for the cost of all that you might be able to get a whole D40 motor to swap in !

Sweet Matt, bring yours around on the weekend, I reckon we could swap em over!

Promise I'll give it back :p

hi all have just fitted a stienbaur chip and a 3 inch sports exhaust to my 05 str d22. if you want better performance do it. i now turn hills into flats. can not beleive the difference awesome. will be interested to see how the economy is.

If you haven't changed the dump pipe do it asap. I had my system done from the cat back along with gas and chip and i was still disappointed with the low down lag. Don't get me wrong it was much improved but still not quite as good as a Ford Ranger. I nearly sold my ute and bought a Ranger but instead I put a 2 1/2 inch dump pipe in and I am now really satisfied with the power my ute is making. I also put a diesel power tuning module on and a pod filter. All in all low down is exceptional and I am finally making 100kw at the wheels. My average economy is consistently 9.5 - 10l of diesel per 100km + 2 - 2.5l of gas per 100

Who cares what the economy is when it goes like that! Haha

Its high on my list of things to do too. Where are you located? Did you fit it yourself or get someone to do it for you?

got it of the bay from big bore wharehouse fitted myself took 3 hours and had to make a bracket up to attach to th tow bar to stop it resinatng to much

hi big orse , changed the dupm pipe as it all came together . if i had left the old dump on nothing else would have fitted different mounts

hi big orse , changed the dupm pipe as it all came together . if i had left the old dump on nothing else would have fitted different mounts

Sweet. The standard dump is so restrictive. Chuck gas on it now and you will be smiling from ear to ear every time you accelerate.

well if anyone interested just got the navara d22 3l dynoed (stienbauer chip and 3 " straight throug exhaust)and the mech said i have 116 hp at the rears he has the same ute and he is punching out a massive 86 he was impressed or just pi_ _ ing in my pocket. said he hhad to tune the chip to the right setting

I don't think a day goes by that I don't see a dyno result that doesn't give off just a whiff of bullshit. :dong:

Latest posts

Back