4WD Warning light / switch / selector

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippyjason

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 2007 6sp manual D40. I think a switch may be faulty for the 4WD.

I noticed a couple of times that the 4WD warning light would come on when I was in 2WD. Moving the selector switch to 4WD and then back into 2WD made it go away.

Over the past couple of days whenever I turn the car on, the 4WD warning light comes on. Again if I move the selector to 4WD and then back to 2WD the warning light goes off.

I notice when the 4WD warning light comes on, the 4WD LED display under the taco disappears.

Is this a known problem?

This a very common problem, there are 3 switches that can fail. My 09 stx had this problem, Nissan will not replace all 3 at once, only the ones they suspect through diagnostic tests. I got 2 replaced and the problem still persisted and got the third replaced the next day, under warrenty. They tell me that no damage will result with the faluty switches, I did the same as you did to clear the warning light. Hope you still got warrenty.

This a very common problem, there are 3 switches that can fail. My 09 stx had this problem, Nissan will not replace all 3 at once, only the ones they suspect through diagnostic tests. I got 2 replaced and the problem still persisted and got the third replaced the next day, under warrenty. They tell me that no damage will result with the faluty switches, I did the same as you did to clear the warning light. Hope you still got warrenty.

Ok, well at least its something that can be resolved.

Its not under warranty - Im guessing by your comment that the switches are costly?

I would say that most things Nissan will cost you a fortune, I hope my 4wd switches are fixed for good.

The problem is intermittent, and often occurs when the ignition is turned on. The 4WD warning light appears, the LED display disappears - the two seem to be linked, and I'm wondering whether the disappearing LED, or not recognising the 'state' of the 2WD/4WD system is causing the warning indicator to come on. As soon as I flick it to 4WD and then back to 2WD the problem goes away.

I'd rather have some problem diagnosis than just a straight replace of all 3 switches and hope for the best..

If anyone has been happy with a Nissan Service centre in NW Sydney that has replaced switches I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Just an update on this one. I had 2 of the switches replaced by an authorised mechanic. He only replaced the leaking switches, and for 2 of them it cost $115 for the parts, and took minimal time to replace as they are easy to access. So all up, the cost wasnt as bad as expected.

Once the leaking switches were replaced (about 2 weeks ago) then problem has not come back.. so all good for now!

Just an update on this one. I had 2 of the switches replaced by an authorised mechanic. He only replaced the leaking switches, and for 2 of them it cost $115 for the parts, and took minimal time to replace as they are easy to access. So all up, the cost wasnt as bad as expected.

Once the leaking switches were replaced (about 2 weeks ago) then problem has not come back.. so all good for now!

When you say leaking switches, do you mean leaking transmission oil?

I had same problem over month, did you have the parts number and where're about those switches, on the gear box body or in the dash.

I had same problem over month, did you have the parts number and where're about those switches, on the gear box body or in the dash.

Send a PM to Biscuits, apparently he got some from Nissbits.
I got mine done under warranty

Latest posts

Back