border track closure 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmce

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm planning a trip with the family to western victoria and the border track. Can anyone confirm the track is closing 31 October 2011. I hope to try it on the 3rd or 4th of November and i heard it was closing for the fire season? I will try to call someone over that way (parks victoria) in next couple of days. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Jacko

Thanks Heata,
Thats bad planning on my behalf. I will have to explore other track in the area to test my Nav as holidays are allready booked. I will give SA parks a call.
Regards Jacko

From memory this year it was closed in sections and total fire ban for that period of time. as for other locations, Vic High country?

Just called DFS hotline and their fire season doesn't start until 15th November. I have to call the Ngarkat Conservation Park office for the final decision.

For those who want to know, the one way section of the border track is closing on the 1st November. Parks SA have their own fire season and they close only one section. You can use Centre track to bypass the closed section.
Looks like it's out with all the maps again!!
Regards Jacko

Centre track and other are still worth the effort - they're not the border track but better than black top. Big dessert etc are also nice drives.

Latest posts

Back