Need a tray not tub for work-Advice??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of ditching my tub and my canopy (only 3 months old) as I'm starting to think its not practical for work I do.

My 05 D22 is my work vehicle and now I believe a alloy tray with tool boxes and a ladder rack would suit alot better.
I dont like my chances of picking a Navara tray second hand as there hard to come by, so does anyone know of or has anyone fitted an alloy tray of another type of vehicle such as a rodeo, triton or hilux, etc?

I would like to try and get one and and make the swap over the xmas period while works quiet. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if it's the same with all makes but my bro in-law and a few of his mates have picked up trays off ebay, completely ignoring what ute they came off, and fitted them to their hiluxs'. They said the only thing that needed to move were the odd wheel guard and modify the mounts, but all of their utes and twin cabs have alloy or steel trays now and only cost a few hundred bucks.

i would highly recommend a steel tray if you can afford it, it will last alot longer and you won't have to worry about dinting it because they are as tough as nails... and when they eventually look tatty, from paint being scrubbed/ knocked off, you can respray them alot easier then alloy tray...

Latest posts

Back