Removed bullbar indicator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bm0

Reaction score
Hi All,

Time to call on the wealth of knowledge that exists on this forum.

Yesterday I fitted an XROX bar to my D40. White powdercoated on a White Nav, will post some pics in another thread for anyone interested.

Before I had the XROX I had the factory alloy bar, which of course has the extra indicators in it (which the XROX does not have) and now that I have removed the alloy bar (and unplugged the indicators) I get a fast indicator on both sides (like when you have a blown globe somewhere)

Obviously this is because the car is 'expecting' an extra bulb at the bullbar, but does anyone know of any solutions to this problem? (I dont really want to just hang and extra bulb in the engine bay)

Is it possible that installing the factory alloy bar requires a modification to the wiring that i need to now undo?

Also, for anyone interested I will have a factory alloy bar to suit a spain build D40 for sale soon (once i clean it up) but I will post that when it is ready.

thanks

Brad

Ok I can answer this one
You have to install a secondary harness when you install a bullbar. What you need to do is foloow the harnessback from your lights to find where it runs. there will be a plate bolted to the guard directly behind the battery on the drivers side with 2 relays on it. Bolted to the back side of that is a fuse holder.
In short all that comes out. If you look at your park and indicator lights in the headlights you will see there is a set of connectors , brown and grey I think.You will find the trucks factory harness connects into a secondary harnessand then another connector to the globe. In short you disconnect the extension harness and plug direct to the back of the globes.
That will sort out your issues

Aussie you have come to the rescue again!

a true fountain of knowledge!

Thanks so much, that all makes sense, I will rip it all out tomorrow :)

Now to get my alloy bar looking maybe 1/2 as good as yours before i sell it!

Brad

Just for reference if any one has this problem in the future, I have pulled the harness out and it took my problem away.

There are 2 relays and a fuse next to the battery
A connection to positive and negative on the battery
A connection to the factory loom for each of the parkers and indicators
A connection to the headlight assembly for the parkers and indicators (replaces factory ones)
THEN a connection to the light assembly on the alloy bull bar.

My harness was run between the intercooler and the radiator, and was a pain to pull out!

B

Latest posts

Back