wiring through firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve

Reaction score
Gday guys
im looking into installing some spotties and a uhf in my 2011 d22 and im wondering whats the best way through the firewall. Ive seen on the passengerside where the stock wiring loom comes through behind the glove box but is this the only grommet to go through? If so wat are some suggestions for keeping the job nice and neat?

I know with the wiring kit instructions for the spotties there is another grommet up the back of the right side wheel arch you run the cable through from the engine bay and then its easy to put the switch in the blank blocks on the right of the steering wheel.

On a related note...if you slice a hole in the grommet to push wires through what is the best tape or substance to seal that hole back up? The spotty wiring kit came with a tiny piece of tape which was almost like tar but I don't know where to buy it.

I've sliced through the passenger side grommet for my amplifier and want to seal it up against dust and water.

Hey mate,

I would go through the grommet in the back of the drivers side flare. I have run almost all my wiring through there and never had dramas with anything just make sure you split tube everything and zip tie it all nice and neat.

As for sealing it you can by rolls of silicone tape from Bunnings and this would do a perfect job. I haven't used it yet for my ute but its just a cut and peel and stick thing so would be handy. It's used for sealing cracked water pipes until a proper fix can be arranged.

Rusty

Hey mate,

I would go through the grommet in the back of the drivers side flare. I have run almost all my wiring through there and never had dramas with anything just make sure you split tube everything and zip tie it all nice and neat.

cheers for that lads i just had a quick look in the wheel arch and felt where the grommet is underneath the plastic in the wheel arch, seems fairly straight forward to get through so ill just pop the plastic out of the wheel arch to make it nice and easy

Tape is self amalgamating (spelling?) and get it from electrical shops in rolls

Latest posts

Back