Front low, what strut spacers are best?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEIGHTO#L80

Reaction score
Hey guys, Got my efs 2inch put in a while back now so the suspension has settled to where it will sit and the rear still is sitting higher and I want it to sit flat. (same in front and back)

My upper control arms are sitting flat at present so a 1 inch spacer should only put a smaller angle on them. And then ill just get a wheel alignment.

Also what is the best spacer to go with?

Its the spainish built also.

Any one give me some input would be muchly appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo1395.jpg
    Photo1395.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Photo1470.jpg
    Photo1470.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 442
  • Photo1478.jpg
    Photo1478.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 484
  • Photo1480.jpg
    Photo1480.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
I was told on the weekend at the Adelaide 4x4 show that a 15mm strut spacer will bring the front up to match the back. I have the same problem with a 2" Tough Dog lift. I didn't ask about CV angles and general geometry after it goes in though.
I was told when I got my lift I was border line with the wheel alignment.
I have heard offset bushes will help with alignment issues.

Interesting to see what people say...

i have 10mm & 15mm coil spacer available.
Check my website
Cheers

Hey Zordo,
Do you think I would need offset bushes if I got the 15mm spacer?

As I said in my post above, they told me the wheel alignment was borderline with just the 2" lift. So I guess that sounds like I would need them.

Cheers

Guys
I think you will find Zordo is telling you how thick the spacer is.However 10mm of spacer will give more lift than that
here are some calcs I did ages ago

1.75" Spacer = 3" lift
1.50" Spacer = 2.5" Lift
1.25" Spacer = 2" Lift
1.00" Spacer = 1.5" Lift
0.75" Spacer = 1" Lift

and then in Metric
42mm Spacer = 75mm Lift
36mm Spacer = 62mm Lift
32mm Spacer = 50mm Lift
25mm Spacer = 37mm Lift
18mm Spacer = 25mm Lift

Guys
I think you will find Zordo is telling you how thick the spacer is.However 10mm of spacer will give more lift than that
here are some calcs I did ages ago

1.75" Spacer = 3" lift
1.50" Spacer = 2.5" Lift
1.25" Spacer = 2" Lift
1.00" Spacer = 1.5" Lift
0.75" Spacer = 1" Lift

and then in Metric
42mm Spacer = 75mm Lift
36mm Spacer = 62mm Lift
32mm Spacer = 50mm Lift
25mm Spacer = 37mm Lift
18mm Spacer = 25mm Lift

Yep I understand how it works Aussie, thanks though.
Zordo's site quotes 30mm of lift with the 15mm spacer which is about what i need to get the car level.

I just don't want to throw the geometry out the window if I get them that's all.
But if I can fix it with just some offset bushes then I am pretty much sold.

Hey Zordo,
Do you think I would need offset bushes if I got the 15mm spacer?

As I said in my post above, they told me the wheel alignment was borderline with just the 2" lift. So I guess that sounds like I would need them.

Cheers

could not say upfront that you would need offset bushes.
But if you fitted the 15mm coil spacers the offset bushes would fix any problems
Cheers

Hi mate.
Coil spacer don't come with instructions.
You could do them at home if you have good spring compressors
I can give phone support id needed
Cheers

Got the spacers in last night, sits good now only problem is the upper control arms are pretty much sitting on the coil bucket so new ones are going to be needed in the near future.

Attachments

• Photo1487.jpg
    Photo1487.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 286
35mm Snake racing spacers. Its getting a wheel allignment now so see how it feels after that, I am just putting a 6mm bit of rubber on the upper arm for coushin between so see how that feels when done and ill let yous know. Just going to wait till Janurary when monster rides bring out there adjustable D40 uppers. People have been driving theres with the stock uppers with no damage at this clearance for ages its just you get the clunking when going over decent bumps. Hopefully for the time being till I get new uppers the rubber will help.

I was in talks with CalOffroad about lifting my Navara further and they said that after market UCA's would give to much down travel and could possibly pull the axles out of the diff centre. Just a thought...

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

I talked to a heap of people that have the same set up as i do with after market uppers with no issues but if you did have an issue could always make up a bump stop for the upper arm to reduce down travel.

Picked the nav up from wheel allignment, they got it all back to perfect camber. Drives like a pearler now. The coil bucket to uca isn't even as bad knock with everything straightened up.

good stuff mate, wait till you take it offroad, then it really starts banging lol you'll be right, and as for the comment about pulling the shafts out with aftermarket uca. no chance, sorry, but if you have a look at the cv angle with this lift you would understand its not going to happen, you will tear the front shock open before that happens. and i believe monster rides will have a diff drop kit aswell if your really worried about the shafts

good stuff mate, wait till you take it offroad, then it really starts banging lol you'll be right, and as for the comment about pulling the shafts out with aftermarket uca. no chance, sorry, but if you have a look at the cv angle with this lift you would understand its not going to happen, you will tear the front shock open before that happens. and i believe monster rides will have a diff drop kit aswell if your really worried about the shafts

Thanks for the comment ONLOCK.

I'm not worried about it, I was only passing on the info I got given from CalOffroad. Thought it might interest someone looking into that path of suspension upgrade.

But from what you say, its bollocks anyway so all good.

Ye I took it for a soot up a track yesterday arvo she bangs but nothing damaging and bearable once you get use to it, still drives better then my ford ranger work car lol.

Latest posts

Back