1987 D21 Diesel Alternator?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaaon

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just a question I would be happy if someone could help me with.

I have my 1987 Nissan Navara D21 Diesel and the car recently ran flat. I charged the battery and 3 days later it was flat again. So I thought it was the battery and went and replaced the battery with a new one. 3 days later and the same thing. So I'm guessing it's the alternator? Will I need to replace it or is it just faulty? I have been quoted between $400 - $500 at a couple of the the local electrical garages for just a new alternator but have seen one for $330 on ebay. How do I know which alternator will work? I think it's a 2.7l engine but im not that sure. Is a turbo diesel the same thing?

Once again thanks for taking the time to read this post and this is such a great website for people like me with little knowledge.

1987 should be the SD25 2.5L diesel, if it's a 4x4. No D21 was ever turbo-diesel but many people retro-fit them. If you post a photo of your engine bay I can tell you for sure which engine it is.

Will probably have a vacuum pump on the back of it to.

Priced to get it rebuilt ?

Where ya located mate? If you're in Vic, give Phillips Auto Electrical a call. I got an alt for the td27 for $250 delivered (although that was trade).

Back