WTF is going on here (Pics Enclosed)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopz

Reaction score
Planning on putting in a body lift soon, so I stuck my head under the car to check out the mounts.

One seems to be rewelded in a different position on the passenger side and the drivers side one seems to have a bunch of washers between the body and the chassis mounts.

Any ideas what this could be all about?

I havent had any problems with it at all, only noticed it when I mounted the bullbar a few weeks back and I had to trim the mounting bracket to get it too fit.

Would it still be good to fit a BL? I cant see why it wouldnt?
Any feedback would be great.

IMAG0061-1.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

It almost seems as though the chassis isn't straight or square or level and they've rigged something up to simply make it work. I'd be taking it back to the dealer and saying "wtf mate?"

Actually, on second thoughts, it looks like they royally stuffed up where the passenger mounts is, then leveled out the body with the washers on the drivers side.

That's pretty poor manufacturing, I'd still be taking it back to the dealership and going "wtf mate?"

And demanding what though?

Thing is this is my work car for my business, I cant afford to have it out of action for weeks while something gets repaired

Gees the things you see that would normally be hidden from the average person.
Unless it is brand new, I doubt Nissan will do anything, they'll probably say, "Its within specs", but you never know. Something went wrong with the chassis welding robot thats for sure. As long as the body lift blocks can still be fitted ok though, it looks like it would be fine.

raywise said:
Gees the things you see that would normally be hidden from the average person.
Unless it is brand new, I doubt Nissan will do anything, they'll probably say, "Its within specs", but you never know. Something went wrong with the chassis welding robot thats for sure. As long as the body lift blocks can still be fitted ok though, it looks like it would be fine.

Well I doubt you'll get a body lift block on that wonky mount without moving it back to proper position. And if you can get nissan to pay for that work, then all the better.

I bought it second hand through a dealership. It was a Ford.dealership however not a Nissan one. Not that it makes much difference the shit fight would still be the same.

I would never had noticed anything was wrong by the way it drives. It's had a couple of wheel alignments since I've had it and there's been no probs there. I think the dealership I bought it off didn't even pick up on it. On closer inspection it looks like the some slight grinding marks there so makes me think its been fixed after manufacture for some reason. I still think a body lift block would fit in there as the washer above the body rubber is sitting flat against the body.

I'll be getting a 2 inch suspension lift put in soon so I'll see if they run into any probs installing it. Then again, if its just a bent chassis to body mount I can't see why they would run into a problem, they probably won't even notice it.

I have an extended warranty on my nav but for some reason I just know they will dance there way around fixing anything.

Any thoughts on what to do or how to check for anything sinister?
Should I go ahead with a body lift after my suspension lift?

I should also mention all the other mounts are fine as far as I can tell.

Tell the dealer to fix it where you bought it.

How long ago did you buy it ?

If its to late, try a panel beater and see what they say.

Looks like one of those repairable writeoffs to me too. Lot of that going around.

There's a resource you can check to see if your vehicle is listed as one, if it is, you should have every right to go back to that dealer and get your money back.

In victoria if a car is or was a repairable writeoff you have to declare it on the rego changeover papers

Whilst that is true it's also true that a car can be in a moderately serious accident and not be declared a repairable write off.

In other cases uninsured vehicles that would normally be declared write offs end up being repaired since without the insurance company being involved there is no 'write off' process.

Whilst that is true it's also true that a car can be in a moderately serious accident and not be declared a repairable write off.

In other cases uninsured vehicles that would normally be declared write offs end up being repaired since without the insurance company being involved there is no 'write off' process.

If insurance fix a car there is no record on vicroads, Its only if they write a vehicle off and its under 15 years it goes on the data base

Might of been in a accident and repaired, Not very well if thats the case

Sounds like the work experience kid at the panel shop had something to do with it!!?!

Looks like the opposite side mount is used.

Last edited:
I bought it in may this year.

After what's been said I'm shitting myself now. It's a 2005 model.

What should I do from here, do I have a leg to stand on? I have just spent a heap of money on new tires and suspension...are you guys saying the cars fucked?
If it was in an accident do they have to disclose that to the buyer?

My guess as I said before looks like the wrong side mount has been used as a repair from a bingle.
If it has been declared as a repairable write off its easy to tell by running a check on the Vic Roads website its free to do a basic check. It tells you if theres any encumbrance on the car and if it has been written off at any stage. Just log on and follow the prompts pre purchase check I think it is.
By law if it has been a repairable write off you must be informed before purchase, you wouldnt expect to buy one from a major dealer tho. But I wouldnt pass it either.

It could as previously stated been in a bingle without being a write off and repaired.
either way Id take it to the dealer which you bought it from explain to them what you have found and dont accept anything less than them repairing it or paying to repair it.
Just be adament about them fixing it!!!!

But dont loose any sleep over it if its only the mount then its nothing major. Cut it out and replace with a neater weld than that one you have already.

Latest posts

Back