Polaris in dash GPS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Anyone using the Polaris in dash GPS thingo?
Will it fit a 2011 STX dash?
Are they any good?

Might take advantage of the 4wd action special where you get the hema maps for free, been after own in dash unit for ages, will have to start using iTunes though as they aint got cd player

Everyone on the forum, see how many replies you get.

Didn't the last poster suggest they were doing the job and would let people know how they got on? That was the one I was thinking might be worth PMing I think.

Yeah i'm just impatient, when I called them and they said yes to all my questions I booked it in.

Will post up here Thursday night :)

NG7700 - Not Recommended

Hi Guys,

I have a Polaris NG7700 in my 2011 D40 STX and am very disappointed with it an the lack of support from Polaris ( there is none - after 3 months) so I would not recommend it to any one

A bit of a short list of problems

Sometimes will refuse to turn on at all - need to pull over, turn off ignition and reboot

The steering wheel controls can not be made to work ( at least on a Spanish STX)

The navigation worked for approx 20minutes and now displays "No Config File" - Has not worked since

The rear vision camera has never worked - installer belives it is faulty cable

The AM radio does not work

The FM radio defaults to the loudest station when turned on blasting every one out of the car - often needs 3 screen pushes to get the station you want - As a result I have damaged my enviro bar on a carpark column whilst desperately trying to silence the thing ( lucky it was not polished alloy)

The Bluetooth is a mystery box - does not always connect - does not mute radio on a incoming call - if radio is off an incoming call it turns it on at before said loudest station - Touch screen dialing dials wrong number

Can not black out screen for night time use - even lowest setting is too bright

My music is on an USB stick which works fine - Never tried video or ipod

I consider the NG7700 too dangerous to use and am arranging for it to be removed from my vehicle

In short I can not recommend it and suggest that you look at the new Eclipse AVN827GA - I am

Hi Guys,

I have a Polaris NG7700 in my 2011 D40 STX and am very disappointed with it an the lack of support from Polaris ( there is none - after 3 months) so I would not recommend it to any one

A bit of a short list of problems

Sometimes will refuse to turn on at all - need to pull over, turn off ignition and reboot

The steering wheel controls can not be made to work ( at least on a Spanish STX)

The navigation worked for approx 20minutes and now displays "No Config File" - Has not worked since

The rear vision camera has never worked - installer belives it is faulty cable

The AM radio does not work

The FM radio defaults to the loudest station when turned on blasting every one out of the car - often needs 3 screen pushes to get the station you want - As a result I have damaged my enviro bar on a carpark column whilst desperately trying to silence the thing ( lucky it was not polished alloy)

The Bluetooth is a mystery box - does not always connect - does not mute radio on a incoming call - if radio is off an incoming call it turns it on at before said loudest station - Touch screen dialing dials wrong number

Can not black out screen for night time use - even lowest setting is too bright

My music is on an USB stick which works fine - Never tried video or ipod

I consider the NG7700 too dangerous to use and am arranging for it to be removed from my vehicle

In short I can not recommend it and suggest that you look at the new Eclipse AVN827GA - I am

Bugger, got mine installed today.

Problems from my trip home (only one i've done) are the bluetooth connection to the phone is crap, crackly where the nissan one was perfect.
Steering controls don't allow to answer the phone, all other steering controls work ok though so hopefully they fix that with no dramas.
Radio sounds pretty crap (worse than the nissan stock unit).
The nav sent me the longest way on the world to get home, even though it is set to quickest route

So after a couple of days I can tell everyone categorically. DO NOT BUY A POLARIS GPS

Phone is crap through bluetooth, crackly and barely able to hear other person.
Phone is so quiet you have to turn the volume up, then when hang up the radio is a million decibels. (has phone volume setting, which is at its highest).
Radio goes off in tunnel, under bridge, next to tree etc (question whether aerial is plugged in)
Screen cannot be viewed in daylight.
Offroad maps are crap, can't exit menu's for 20 presses of screen, I don't have big hands by any stretch of the imagination and I have to use my little fingers.
Offroad maps crashed today while I tried to enter a GPS coordinate, screen is now frozen on the off road map with the menu bar I was using at the time.

It is going in on monday to be fixed, if they get everything sorted i'll be happy, if not i'll be expecting them to take it out and refund me.

Anyone considering this stop now, its a useless piece of chinese shite

My view from afar is that they are marketed as one of the premium brands.

I have been thinking of reverse/rear view camera packages & Polaris is one at the upper end, at least in price.

I might get some cheap crap from Hong Kong off e-bay. At least that way, unless they don't actually work, I won't be disappointed

My view from afar is that they are marketed as one of the premium brands.

I have been thinking of reverse/rear view camera packages & Polaris is one at the upper end, at least in price.

I might get some cheap crap from Hong Kong off e-bay. At least that way, unless they don't actually work, I won't be disappointed

From what I can tell by looking at them they are just the cheap crap from Hong Kong in a box with polaris written on it.
I'm writing a letter to 4wd action complaining about their advertising of a substandard product as it was their big noting of it & special offer that convinced me to get one, just shows how money talks huh

Thanks very much for letting us know what they are like justdrinkbeer, I was wanting too get one off them too, not now. Sorry it cost you so much too let all of us know how crap there are.

I've got one of the cheaper Ebay units in my D22 works well came with Ozie Explorer i just purchased a license for it $40 . Reverse camera ,Dvd, Ipod connection, Bluetooth, works well. My mate does have the same unit in his D40 and the volume buttons on steering wheel will not work without some modifying the rest are ok. but he's happy with the unit at around $530 + fitting not bad value

There was another guy on the forum who brought a ebay special and to get the controls working the person he brought it off also gave him the harness to adapt Nissan to unit. Not sure if it was the same ebay units but it might be worth a try.

Unbelievable!

Un-fucking believable, I have just recently purchased one of these units for my Nissan Patrol after reading the promotion and watching the Roothy DVD that came with my 4x4 Action magazine.

I truly feel like the proverbial one legged man in an arse kicking competition at the moment, I cannot win a trick!

As previously stated on another thread, (“if it rained Virginias, knowing my luck, I would end up with an arse!”)

There goes a $1,000.00, anymore surprise’s fellas!

PS, does anyone on the forum sell lucky-charms? (I need a shit-load of them!)

Regards,

RLI
:deadhorse::confused2::pissedoff:

Since reading this topic from the start, I wouldn't buy any of the Polaris stuff. I am looking at a reverse camera system & I would have assumed they were one of the better quality units. Maybe their reverse camera systems are one of the best around, but I would not be willing to take the punt.

Good luck fellas.

Last edited:
When I eventually get around to it I'm drafting a letter to 4wd action about their promotion, i've just got to remove my emotions from it.

Basically, I believe they have sold out by giving it such a big wrap, I understand the mag is funded by advertisers, but in my naivety I thought the people promoting it were giving honest opinions not just reading a script.

I'll never waste another dollar on their stuff, and I hope I can dissuade everyone else from trying them out.

Look out for my letter in 4wd action, I bet they don't print it!

justdrinkbeer said:
When I eventually get around to it I'm drafting a letter to 4wd action about their promotion, i've just got to remove my emotions from it.

Basically, I believe they have sold out by giving it such a big wrap, I understand the mag is funded by advertisers, but in my naivety I thought the people promoting it were giving honest opinions not just reading a script.

I'll never waste another dollar on their stuff, and I hope I can dissuade everyone else from trying them out.

Look out for my letter in 4wd action, I bet they don't print it!

Will be watching!

Latest posts

Back