portal axle for d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanz302

Reaction score
just found a place that does a portal axle for a d22 very pricey but wount give the best ground clearance plus run a gear ratio to suit running 35's.
It would be pretty cool. what does everyone think ?
P.S i found this on a HiLux site. This is the link for the portal axle MAEFARE 4X4

Seen them a while back.

Doubt you could get them engineered as the law says you cant increase the track by a certain amount and these will go over that.

I cant remember the exact figures but its different for "Live axle" and IFS.

just had a look at that site, and they are available for the D40 as well.
If i had the cash i would give them a go. Not only would you get the extra height from the portal axle, you could also run 35's

looks like this company sell an auto locker for the D40. The site is a little vague as to weather they are actually only for the rear. You would think that they are for the front wouldn't you??

i sent an email for a price on the portal axle just to see how scary the price tag will be, and for a price on the auto lockers.

I'm ashamed to say that found it on a hilux forum and it looks like one member has contacted them and got a price has the link NewHilux.net • Login
you will have to register to read it
also don't forget shipping because this shop is in Malaysia.

Last edited:
just use google cache to save havign to register. Dave as for track increase, even wheels offset more the 20mm different from stock will go over the regs. But as the tyre shop guys said, they don't worry about it as everyone does it and never has an issue. Never heard of anyone having issues with insurance either for track increase.

these seem lok a good idea to increase height etc aswell. match that with a 3" snake lift and 2" body you'll be easily sitting at a patrol height. once someone gets a price post it up on the site. for me i dont liek how it increases the width of the car.if it ket everything the same it may be worth my coin.

Be ineresting to see the price on these.
I wonder if they are any good?
Not alot of info on the website. Poor quality diagrams dont give much insight into height and width increase.

Well i just got a reply to the email i sent in regards to the price on the portal axle and auto lockers, i only asked about the D40, but i think it will be the same answer for the D22.
So here is the reply, im not sure why they have things listed at all???

Hi Nathan ,

The portal axle we don't have at the moment for nissan navar d40 and our RD is still under construction for toyota next drawing is nissan navara d40.

Auto Diff Lock only for toyota and isuzu . Nissan auto diif lock will launch next year .

Thank you!

Regards,
Vui

MAEFARE 4X4 CENTRE SDN BHD

Last edited:
Not sure about the locker but they have build and sell portal axle for the d22
the price is somewhere around $6000 + shipping

Not sure about the locker but they have build and sell portal axle for the d22
the price is somewhere around $6000 + shipping

Im guessing this was the dead end for everyone on this idea, far out $6000 + shipping, i guess there is no way to have a proper setup raised d22, short of converting to solid axle that is.

Latest posts

Back