brakes problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahama d22

Reaction score
Brakes pistons lock up ,rebuilt calipers and now no brakes at all:rant:.When it's off and I pump it gets hard ,turn truck on and push the brake it drops to the foor:sad:...any help here please:thank_you2:

sorry about the late reply ....i am between awake and sleep here!it's like 2:00 am where i am!so if can leave your five cents,it will be well spent!thank you for you time!

Ah what!What are the 5 points?I had a mechanic check it...but he might not know what he is doing either.He told me that the pump should be running but as Iwatch how stuff work the pump only come on whenthecar is moving and the brake is press because the sensor has to read the teeth on the hub when spinning!

The hub part with the teeth is the ABS sensors.

All 4 wheel cylinders and there is a load proportioning vavle under the tray. Above the rear diff.

if i remember right ABS needs to be turned off before bleeding brakes. there should be info on it in the service manual.

from manual....

For models with ABS, turn ignition switch OFF and discon-
nect ABS actuator connector or battery cable.
I Bleed air in the following order.
a. LSV air bleeder
b. Left rear brake
c. Right rear brake
d. Left front brake
e. Right front brake
f . ABS actuator (Models equipped with ABS)

from manual....

For models with ABS, turn ignition switch OFF and discon-
nect ABS actuator connector or battery cable.
I Bleed air in the following order.
a. LSV air bleeder
b. Left rear brake
c. Right rear brake
d. Left front brake
e. Right front brake
f . ABS actuator (Models equipped with ABS)

Thanks man!Will try this tomorrow:rock:

It is completed! I would like to thank you all for the help I've recieve:welcome:My truck is on the road again:driver:It was also the master cylinder[which cause the sponge brake feel]so I rebuild it and now ..... its done:thank_you2:I had to rewire some electrical wiring because of shorts[from the origional owner]but all is well for now.The only problem I will now have to face isthe glow plugs feed wire burning off! after that it time to boooooost the hell out of it:sarcastic:

I also had to change the brake lines,the nissan dealer over here didn't know what part it was from.Luckly they agree for me to help look for it,it happens to be a1999 altima brake line:sarcastic:So far I had no brake problems it stops on a dime:dancing:so I bid a do :closed:

Back