BP Moe Gippsland = Shit Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey.

Any local Gippsland guys, just letting you know i filled up at Moe BP on Monday. That night the engine light came on. Got it checked out today and they found a tank full of shit dirty diesel.

Quote to clean and replace parts are around 400-500 from Wights. Rip off i know, but i dont want to drive it anywhere with the shit diesel.

Called BP and they are looking into my complaint. If they find it was their diesel that is dirty, they will pay for the repairs.

I did do a small river crossing on Monday. Water would not have been anywhere near the top of the tires. Surely i couldnt have taken any water in from that could i? Spose if a fuel line had a hole but im guessing i would have notice something earlier if that was the case (air in the system). The Nav was running fine up until this point and even with the engine light on it was ok. Maybe a little more sluggish this morning.

Hopefully the filter stopped it all, it was pretty much new.

Pete

Not good Pete.

Hope it comes good.

I have only ever had 1 bad tank of diesel and that was up near Coffs Harbour at a BP.

Only ever used Shell and United since and never had a problem.

Engine light never came on, but the turbo was making some wierd noises.

Turbo is still good at 230,000km's with SFA shaft play, must be doing something right.

Thanks Dave. Didnt do to many K's with that tank and having a fairly new Fuel filter im hoping its all good. Bit suprised this particular BP would have bad fuel as it is not in the middle of nowhere.

I hope it is their fuel though so they pay for my repairs. Might see if they can replace the fuel pump and injectors if they are paying...haha

Hey if there paying, why not.

This BP near Coffs was a big one to.

The main reason I got my longrange tank was to make sure I had enough fuel to not need to fill up in the middle of nowhere.

Has done me well so far.

Oh and how you liking the Bilsteins. Awesome hey.

Oh and I only fill up at 3 servo's, a Shell truck stop, a Shell in Cessnock and a local United.

Hopefully they pay, no doubt they will say it wasnt their diesel. Have to wait and see.

Will be filling up at the Shell from now on when i can. They are always flat out so should be better diesel if they have a bigger turn over rate.

Bilsteins are going great. Since having the suspenstion worked on they are even better now as they can actually work. Just keeping my eye on the standard tortion bars, as im expecting them to sag again. Will replace them next time. The guy who did it said they still have adjustment in them but will wait and see. Overall really happy at the moment, well appart from this fuel problem.

Was plaining on some new rims this week, but that maybe on the back burner now.

Hey Pete,
That's bad news mate. I have filled up there many times without an issue - but perhaps they got some crap. I try to stay away from there as they only have the one pump and it is always filthy with diesel spill all over the place - and to be a real sook - you get wet if it is raining!

I generally go to Shell in Traf or Moore St, Moe.

What did you end up doing suspension wise? Did Ray do the job?

Hey Pete,
That's bad news mate. I have filled up there many times without an issue - but perhaps they got some crap. I try to stay away from there as they only have the one pump and it is always filthy with diesel spill all over the place - and to be a real sook - you get wet if it is raining!

I generally go to Shell in Traf or Moore St, Moe.

What did you end up doing suspension wise? Did Ray do the job?

Hey mate.

I think ill try to stick to servos on the highway now. I cant believe Moe BP only has the one pump. Not as though its a small station. Your right about getting rained on there to.lol

Yep, got Ray to do the work. Added a leaf and reset them, wound the torsions up. The rubber bushes were in good condition still so he didnt bother changing them out yet. The ride quality is 1000x better then it was. The front was sagged down to the bump stops and the leafs were flat so needed doing for sure. Really happy with it at the moment.

Once the torsions sag again, ill change them and get him to check the condition of the bushes again. He said with the leafs being flat like they were, the bushes barley getting worn as the shackles dont move like they are meant to.

Pete

Last edited:
Could remove BP and Diesel out of the thread title and it would still be valid. :big_smile:

Guns Gully has for the last 30 years been a shit place to fill up and buy anything, we banned out trucks filling up there back when I was delivering bread because often the diesel pump was leaking, the prices are usually higher and there is always a better alternative.

A friend of mine just told me one of his mates tractors was stuffed from using their diesel as well. Cost him a fortune to fix. I got the mechanics to keep a sample also. Never again from there.

Heres some photos of the diesel sample i got them to keep. They chucked out the worst sample by accident, and the sample i got lost some of the dirty shit when transferring to the bottle.

Considering one of the Water Traps like Denco sell now. I understand they only stop the heavy water but thats better then nothing and at least you can see if the diesel has shit in it through the glass.

Any thoughts?

Started my claim with BP to. Total cost for repairs with full tank of diesel $589. So far BP have been quick to help, lets hope they come to the party and pay up.

Pete

Attachments

• Fuel Sample 02.jpg
    Fuel Sample 02.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Fuel Sample 01.jpg
    Fuel Sample 01.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 59
Well got the car back today. Thought id check out their work as im fussy and dont trust them..lol. Good thing i did. Had a leak in the tank and a nut was loose.

Took it back, hour and half later its all fixed again. They managed to stuff a seal when replacing the tank. Got it home and checked over it again, sure enough, same nut is loose again and about to fall off, leak seems to be fixed. Gee's its hard to find good help.

Oh well, Seems to be going good and no engine light coming on. Just hope BP pay for all this shit now. Wont recover the lost time from work though. Been a real pain in the ass.

Pete

Good luck Pete.

Ill second your comment its hard to find decent help these days.

Someones moccasin probably fell off into the underground tank.

You beat me to the post. That was almost exactly what i was thinking. Accumulated moccasin detritus. When i was a young bloke i worked at a shell servo in Heathmont and one of the other young lunatics would check the dips with a lit ciggie. I was young and dumb but i took few steps back anyway.

You beat me to the post. That was almost exactly what i was thinking. Accumulated moccasin detritus. When i was a young bloke i worked at a shell servo in Heathmont and one of the other young lunatics would check the dips with a lit ciggie. I was young and dumb but i took few steps back anyway.

Think I've seen more people in Traralgon wearing them down the street than moe.lol.
I seen a video the other day of a guy doing that. Lit smoke checking a fuel truck. He was looking into the tank. Didn't end to well for this bloke.

Don't Traralgon people wear the "fashionable" Ugg boot rather than moccasins? After all Traralgon is the fashion capital of....well of Traralgon.

In most cases a smoke wont even ignite fuel especially in large quantities it takes a bit more than just the presence of fuel and smoke to make a boom, we used to always fill up the tractors, bikes and whatever else needed fuel while smoking, the fumes can sometimes ignite but even that's not a certainty. Now using a flame thrower while refueling is silly and not recommended but smoking isn't that dangerous..

Haha well said mate.

Yeah on the video they were saying something about the vapors when he first cracked the hatch open. Probably bullshit. I've seen methbusters when they tried using smokes to light fuel, like u said, it just doesn't happen.

Latest posts

Back