Dyno Required?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew h

Reaction score
Iam wondering if somebody can provide advice. I have recently done the EGR Butterfly mod, fitted snorkel & fitted intercooler. Should I go get the navara dyno'd? I am very happy with the mods but now wondering if I need to tune? Thankyou

Diesels don't tune like petrol engines - you can't advance the timing of the spark.

What you CAN do is use a chip like the Unichip which allows you to modify the CAS response, fooling the ECU into thinking the crank is at a different position which ultimately does the same thing as advancing/retarding the distributor in a petrol engine.

I think (I might be wrong) that ChipIt are also working on this feature as well.

Thanks Tony, but I already have a Steinbauer chip. So I take it there is nothing I should do to adjust for the mods (without going down the Chipit road)? I forgot to mention I have also installed the 2.75 Beau exhaust.

Cheers

You can allways get a dyno done just to check the figures you think you are getting

There is no tune-ability within the navara computer.
So the only reason you would need a dyno is so you know what numbers your getting.
Once its on the dyno there is nothing they can adjust for more power or economy.

Thanks Tony, but I already have a Steinbauer chip. So I take it there is nothing I should do to adjust for the mods (without going down the Chipit road)? I forgot to mention I have also installed the 2.75 Beau exhaust.

Cheers

I'd noticed that in your sig, which is why I simply made the comparative point that those two chips would have about the only "tune" feature you could have.

There are things you can do to tweak the system. In order of cost, some of these would be:

* Misting system on the intercooler
* Upgrade air intake for greater flow
* Move to ChipIt or Unichip
* Larger turbocharger
* Supercharge the engine

There are probably more things and some would involve the addition of Hydrogen and Oxygen tanks with bell housings or just solid propellant in the tray, but I think anything beyond the third suggestion above is throwing money away or completely nuts (although some people have use solid propellant on vehicles before).

Latest posts

Back