z24 engine swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tboof2008

Reaction score
gday all i have a z24 in my d21 and its on way out what can i replace it with but i dont wanna do the diffs etc i just wanna get a better motor and drop it in with out too many mods etc

i just wanna get a better motor and drop it in with out too many mods etc

Buy a Diesel Terrano and swap the TD27T into the Navara. I get 620Kms from 63-65 litres constantly, running 31" all terrains, commuting in Melbourne traffic. IMO it goes better than the Z24 Dual cab I had before the Terrano.

Not sure how your ute is fitted out, but you could score electric windows, air con or power steering as well as some nice comfy bucket seats into the deal...

gday all i have a z24 in my d21 and its on way out what can i replace it with but i dont wanna do the diffs etc i just wanna get a better motor and drop it in with out too many mods etc

TD27T is a good swap. KA24E or KA24DE is a much simpler swap.

TD27T swap also requires you to swap out the gearbox as well, and the entire loom, exhaust system, dash etc. I'm in the middle of a TD27T swap from a Terrano at the moment - big job for an amateur. I swapped in a KA24E a couple of years ago easy peasy. Mates to the original gearbox, needs six wires run from the ecu loom to the dash and power, and a little bit of fiddling with fuel plus exhaust manifold.

Comes down to how much effort vs how much gain. One other option would be a Terrano V6, probably in between the TD and KA for effort and benefits. Would also require a gearbox swap.

yer thanks guys my d21 is actually deisel on rego papers funily enough so someone changed it over at some stage i wanna go diesel as i have always prefered diesel 4x4

Latest posts

Back