engine conversion 2wd 87mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrenz

Reaction score
hi peoples, i know this has proberally been asked a buck load of times, but wanting to get as much info on the price, the tips and tricks, best engine and any other usefull information to do the conversion as quick and painless as possible lol. thanks in advance.

motors ive thought about V6 commy motor, RB's,SR's - is there any others i could use that is easier than these? ill be wanting to turbo the engine at some point so best souloution? thanks again

Easiest swap would be the KA24DE.

But the most worthwhile would be a Ford or Holden V8, since you have a 4x2 you can do crazy stuff like that, not that easy for 4x4 owners. Engine bay is a bit too small for RB, TB and similar.

sweet thanks will look into that, would love to do a v8 conversion but QLD rego SUCKS! and costs way to much for a v8 lol.

hopefully i can find a ka24de turbo'd W/O :)

have found a VG30ET turbo with z31 conversion kit, before i try rake up funds to buy it whats the need to know on this swap?
my d21 has colum shift , what trans do i use? any mods needed to the drive shaft? will the diff hold up to it pressure?
please any information is good need all the nitty gritty lol cheers.

Last edited:
have found a VG30ET turbo with z31 conversion kit, before i try rake up funds to buy it whats the need to know on this swap?

Make sure you get it with ECU and engine control harness. Buy engine mounts through Nizzbits. Be aware that any engine swap is really expensive.

my d21 has colum shift , what trans do i use?

You'd be best with a FS5R30A, which is the floor shift five speed from the D21 4x2 V6.

any mods needed to the drive shaft?

Um, shouldn't be.

will the diff hold up to it pressure?

Yeah it'll be fine.

awesome thanks mate, will save a bit more funds up b4 i start, so it gets done right the first time :). thanks for tha advice people :)

Looking at dropping a Commodore 3.8 Ecotec V6 into my '88 dual cab 4wd Nav (currently with a Z24), i saw in a magazine somewhere an adapter plate.. so wondering how hard the conversion would be? and would my standard gearbox hold up to that significant change in performance figures?

Fair bit of work involved in any carbie to EFI conversion. I'd go with the commodore manual trans, the stock box can't even handle the stock motor.

then obviously custom made drive shafts too because i would imagine the rear would have to be shorter and the front one longer?
Cheers mate

knowing my luck.. i would get it all in there and they are about 5mm too long or short...

Latest posts

Back