F Wheel Bearing ReGreasing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isiman

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently doing the 40 000 service on the 2.5 d22 but can't for the life of me work out how to remove the grease seal on the inside bearing without bending the bugger.
I would imagine this would be easy if you were going to replace the bearings as you would not care, but all I need to do is re-grease the bearings, but I need to remove it to re-grease it.
I could not imagine the mechanics replacing it each time re-greasing happened, only when you were replacing the bearings.

one other option is to replace it, but not the bearings - any idea on a nissan/cnc/ntn model number so I can get it?

Or another option would be to replace the bearings altogether - are they they same kits as the earlier model D22's (ie, the japaneese models)?

some help would be great!

got a pic of it?

i had the front bearings out a little while ago and do not recall them being fully sealed. tho that might have changed a bit with later builds.

just had a look in the manual, they look like taper bearings like the ones i had. theres no grease seal to remove. pack grease in by scraping the bearing into the grease in your hand, ie grease goes in the end of the bearings

Maybe it's different with ABS?

Why are you greasing the wheel bearings after only 40k's anyway?

there is a seal, i replaced my bearings not long ago but it all came apart easy as. can't recall how i removed the seal but since i can't remember it must of been straight forward. sorry i can't help more. Won't hurt to replace the seals if your having trouble CBC would stock them and would not be much of a cost, no need to replace bearings before needed though.

Thanks for that guys.
I am not very good at explaining myself, the bearings are not sealed, the seal sits on the very inside - between the inside bearings and the stub axle (i think it is called). It has to come off to get the bearings out, but how that happens is beyond me!

Leprechaun: The manual says so (I know, that is a lame excuse, but I thought it would have been an easy task - it is on the patrol - half an hour for me to do a side) but this has stumped me.

Thanks Al, I will just give them a call as I really can't be buggered replacing the bearings as well.

It is the Grease Seal 'A' at the top right of this pic (thanks to Dave for putting it up on another thread: http://www.navara.asia/general-tech-talk/2582-d22-wheel-bearing-help-needed.html)
ScreenShot011.jpg

Last edited:
Well, got it all sorted - got new seals from CBC, got the guys in our mechanic shed to pop out the seal (and apparently the bearings with it), regrease the bearing and put it and then the seal back in.
Now to put it all back together.

Thanks all for your assistance

Latest posts

Back