D40 Front Lokka

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butt

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought you mite want to see this.

Hi,
In the past you have enquired about a Lokka Locking Differential model that was not available.

The latest news is that the Front Lokka for Navara D40 and R51 Pathfinder will soon to be released.

The price will be $595.
However there is a Pre-release Offer for orders placed and paid during November for delivery in December 2011.
$496 including freight to your door.
The usual 3 year UNCONDITIONAL Warranty applies.

If you would like more information please call me on 08 8369 0033 or return email me.

If you wish to place an order:
Send your address etc and delivery address if different.
Send credit card details (front number, expiry date, name as it appears on the card and the last 3 digits on the rear where you sign your name) over a couple of emails.
OR post cheque OR direct deposit into bank:

Bank - St George Bank
Account Name - 4WD Systems
BSB number - 105 008
Account Number - 084833540
Please use your last name (or phone number if only numbers accepted) in any 'reference' comment.

I will call you on receipt of the order.

thank you
regards
Tom Hewitson
Sales Manager

4wd systems lokka is ready

I have just receaved an email from 4wd systems, so i thought a few people might like to read it and get in now while you can save a few dollars. yeeeewww!! :rock:

Hi Nathan,
In the past you have enquired about a Lokka Locking Differential model that was not available.

The latest news is that the Front Lokka for Navara D40 and R51 Pathfinder will soon to be released.

The price will be $595.
However there is a Pre-release Offer for orders placed and paid during November for delivery in December 2011.
$496 including freight to your door.
The usual 3 year UNCONDITIONAL Warranty applies.

If you would like more information please call me on 08 8369 0033 or return email me.

If you wish to place an order:
Send your address etc and delivery address if different.
Send credit card details (front number, expiry date, name as it appears on the card and the last 3 digits on the rear where you sign your name) over a couple of emails.
OR post cheque OR direct deposit into bank:

Bank - St George Bank
Account Name - 4WD Systems
BSB number - 105 008
Account Number - 084833540
Please use your last name (or phone number if only numbers accepted) in any 'reference' comment.

I will call you on receipt of the order.

thank you
regards
Tom Hewitson
Sales Manager

yeah read there other post, I'm really curious to see how it would steer on the bitumen.

yeah read there other post, I'm really curious to see how it would steer on the bitumen.

im sure it will work fine. As long as its not getting power from the transfer it will be unlocked. Correct me if im wrong. They only lock when the force comes from the drive shaft and unlock again if you get off the go peddle, so if you havent got it in 4wd it should therefor remain unlocked

Last edited:
it'll just click quietly when turning, without power going into that front axle (ie in 2wd) the lokka will just let the gears overrun each other. Not ideal like free hubs but in my view is far outweighed but the ability of the lokka. A rear lokka is a different story because whenever you have power going through it its gonna be locked, which is not fun in the rain or good for tyre wear.

I'm a doubting Thomas. My experience with Lokka's say's the steering will be compromised. But if not it would be the best mod, and they will sell hundred! Who's going to be the first. LOL I reckon Woody & Onlock will have their hand in their wallet.

I'm a doubting Thomas. My experience with Lokka's say's the steering will be compromised. But if not it would be the best mod, and they will sell hundred! Who's going to be the first. LOL I reckon Woody & Onlock will have their hand in their wallet.

Yep i think your on the money with the Woody & Onlock call..............oh s@#t.... hang on i have to admit i just sent my cash to them, so now im just have to wait for my chrissy present to arrive. :biggrin:

it'll just click quietly when turning, without power going into that front axle (ie in 2wd) the lokka will just let the gears overrun each other. Not ideal like free hubs but in my view is far outweighed but the ability of the lokka. A rear lokka is a different story because whenever you have power going through it its gonna be locked, which is not fun in the rain or good for tyre wear.

My front Lokka(Patrol) does not just simply click when in 2WD(hubs locked) The steering is compromised with a fast return to centre and alot heavier. It's OK on gravel but I would have concerns on bitumen.

I'm looking forward to reviews.

Is it unlocking ok, clicking at all? mine gives a quiet click as it overruns the gears.

I didnt see this thread so i posted the same info at the same time. haha

Might get Dave to combine them to save confusion, what do you reckon???

It should be the same as a D22 with the hubs locked in 2wd shouldn't it? If so, then i've found no difference in steering until 4wd is engaged. I thought the main concern with the D40 was the weaker front diff?

Thanks Dave.
Not sure what happened i sent an email, maybe i should of just sent a pm.
:cheers!:
Nathan

Just spoke to them on the phone, he is returning my call shortly to verify it will fit the 550 and I will order one, should have it in before christmas! Stoked, been waiting for one of these since I had my first D40!

Mmm. I heard ARB hadn't released a front locker due to front diff strength concerns. I'll be interested to hear feedback on these units over the next few months.

If the hubs are unlocked and the 2wd engaged then the diff is not turning so why would it be any different on the bitumen than it is now? Lokka in the front and ARB in the rear, best of both worlds. Only problem will be negotiating mega tight turns whilst offroad, which is where it will click etc.
Also I called them, the warranty only covers the component and does not cover damage to the diff. So if the diff is too weak as ARB suggest then could cause problems.

Back