new car warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey mate from what i gather no it doesnt void your warranty but any warranty work to do with your suspension will not be done because you have modified it

as long as its legal in the state your in there shouldnt be any issues but you can expect them to blame your modifications as to why other problems have occured

If you modify the suspension then you become responsible for failures caused by the modified suspension.

If the failure is caused by something else then it's only fair that Nissan come to the party. They WILL examine things and see if there's something that has been done that caused the problem - that's sensible on their part. But if your steering wheel cruise control switches fail then they can't blame the winch, or the lift, or the 3" exhaust or even the ChipIt chip - and they won't.

The entire car's warranty is NOT void just because you changed one part of it.

Thanks all - just wanted to check given this day and age where car manufacturers try to get out of paying for stuff with any old excuse. Same with bloody insurance companies.

Thanks again

I had my ironman 2" lift kit installed by my selling Nissan dealer. They say my warranty is not affected. apparently, a lot of D40 owners bring their cars back around 6 months after purchase to have the rear springs replaced.

The rear springs invert easily. They're designed to be flat - as in horizontal - at sale, so that the ride is super-smooth. Unfortunately this also leaves them vulnerable to rapid sagging.

Latest posts

Back