Gembrook Cup Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
So toodled over to Gembrook for the weekend, went the Western Firebreak and down Gentle Annie and up Tea Tree, which was ok towards the end.

Most of the track was all bull dosed. Apart from the end of Teatree, (depending on which way you hit it) We wend down hill and slid all the way down in BIG ass ruts.

We then proceeded to head over to Andersons track and came across a Patrol that was pretty hung up.

So we lent a hand and got him out.

I got a little carried away and accidentally broke my tie rod.

Which went a little like this from my spotter.
"DUDE, turn your wheels left hand down, left hand down. Are you a fucking retard, LEFT hand down"
"Um Stu, your wheels are pointing opposite direction"
Me "Damn"

So what ended up happening, We drove in reverse for 5 kms.

2 spotters, 1 kicking the wheel strait and the other guiding me down the challenging stuff we had come up.

Ended up on a main track (Black dog or Dead dog track or somthing). I have RACV total care.

They will tow me I said proudly.

So we went and found some reception.

"Hi, My name is Stuart, you need to come and get me"
"No problem Stuart, what happened to the car Stuart?"
"Oh its broken a tie rod"
"Well Stuart, thats an accident, we will need to contact Vic Roads to come out and do an assessment and you will have to pay for the tow"
"Thats a little unfair, its a mechanical Failure, i would be calling you if it was a water pump or a engine break down."
"ok well the driver wil assess it when he arrives"

2 Hours Later

Driver arives, I have my $100 cash ready to get him to say its a Break down not an accident, Driver says he cannot see any pannel damage, therefore it is a breakdown. Where would you like it taken Mr Miles?
I said home on the driveway.

So thats my weekend, heres the pictures.

PA291367.jpg

PA291368.jpg

PA291370.jpg

PA291372.jpg

Back