tappet clearance/workshop manual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddymatty86

Reaction score
my nav is making a ticking noise when running louder than normal. my stepdad is a mechanic and thinks the tappets could need adjusting any ideas would be appreciated also any one know where i can get a workshop manual for an 03 D22 3.0l turbo desiel

thanks for any help
matt

how many km's has it done?

the tappets are shim type and rarely ever need adjusting.
more likely its injector rattle. when was the last fuel filter change? put a bit of fuel conditioner in and see how it goes.

one way to check if its injector rattle is to find a nice hill and coast down it (if its a short hill put foot on brakes just enough to get brake lights on).
fuel cut should kick in and injectors will not be firing, therefore any rattle you now hear is mechanical.

Last edited:
its done almost 170 000 cheers for the info mate will try that changed fuel filter at last service which was about 167 000

thanks for your help mate much appreciated

Matt

i have a 2010. it sounds like loud tappet noise in mine as well. if i coast down a hill it goes away, and if i plant it, it goes away as well. it pisses me off.

how many km's has it done?

the tappets are shim type and rarely ever need adjusting.
more likely its injector rattle. when was the last fuel filter change? put a bit of fuel conditioner in and see how it goes.

one way to check if its injector rattle is to find a nice hill and coast down it (if its a short hill put foot on brakes just enough to get brake lights on).
fuel cut should kick in and injectors will not be firing, therefore any rattle you now hear is mechanical.

Good advice Tweak'e.

Latest posts

Back