Coopers or yohohamas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Coopers or yokohamas?

Hi guys,

haven't been on here for ages but need some advise from the guys that would know:yes4:

anyway my desert duelers have come to the end of there life, I wont be going back to them as I have not been happy with them, only done aroud 45000 km, and due to work and other things I have had no time to go off road so 99% of the tyres life have been on the black top, after some reading on the net and talking to friends and tyre shops I think i'll be either going the Cooper AT-3 or the Yokohama Geolanders, in that order as well,
most of the time I drive on the bitumen but will be trying to get off road soon so I will definitely be getting an A/T, any help in my decision would be great, i'm mainly after longevity.

Cheers Justin

Last edited:
Hi guys,

haven't been on here for ages but need some advise from the guys that would know:yes4:

anyway my desert duelers have come to the end of there life, I wont be going back to them as I have not been happy with them, only done aroud 45000 km, and due to work and other things I have had no time to go off road so 99% of the tyres life have been on the black top, after some reading on the net and talking to friends and tyre shops I think i'll be either going the Cooper AT-3 or the Yokohama Geolanders, in that order as well,
most of the time I drive on the bitumen but will be trying to get off road soon so I will definitely be getting an A/T, any help in my decision would be great, i'm mainly after longevity.

Cheers Justin
Wouldn't waste my money on both of them, especially Yokohama Geolanders, Mickey Thompsom ATZ 4 Ribz are money well spent, $320 per tyre 80,000k instant changeover warranty.

looks like i'll go with the Mickey Thompsons (Thanks s14 panda), as I hear that the coopers are too harder compound and no good in the wet in a ute, heard comments they slide around a bit. just not sure if I should go the 4 or 5 rib, i'm keen on the 4 rib but not sure if they are too noisey on the road, if so i'll just go the 5 rib, can anyone who has them comment either way?

cheers Justin

The ST's have more grip in the wet then the MTZ's do.

Thats my experience anyway.

Mine wont kick sideways unless I try.

Thats on Coopers, but I reckon the shocks play a huge role in that.

Dave said:
The ST's have more grip in the wet then the MTZ's do.

Thats my experience anyway.

Mine wont kick sideways unless I try.

Thats on Coopers, but I reckon the shocks play a huge role in that.

Gotta love the bilsteins. :) are me you and shane the only people on here with them?

Hey mate, I have been looking into tyres of late too and that has been recommended by a few tyre places are the Hankook RF10 - meant to be very quiet on the blacktop but performs very well in the sand and respectable in the mud (given they are not a mud tyre) everyone has different opinions on all tyres but that's my two bobs worth

ive had the 4 ribs on for about a year now and about 15k km's, they don't seem to have worn at all. They aren't noisy on the road at all, I wouldn't say they would be any louder than the light truck AT crapstones i had on previously which only lasted about 30k! I have also found the MT ATZ's to be great off road too, highly recomended.

The father in law fitted up MTZ 4 ribs at 10 000kms, now has 37000 and has had to replace the rears last week, replaced them with BFG a/ts Front won't be far off either. He normally runs BFGs getting 60-70000kms out of them and only switched to MTZ as the bloke in town talked them up so much.

Back