D40's cool features

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I have had my D40 for a bit over 3 months now and I am still finding little clever things that they have put into it when the car was designed. I am amazed by some of them because its not like they were done as an extra selling point to try and move them off the sales yard, because most of them arent advertised.

Some that I love are:
*the tie down system
*the fold up and down back seats
*the headlight feature that I just learnt about in another thread (stay on for 30 sec if you flick the high beam)

*but my absolute favourite is the lights in the side mirrors that light up the side of the car when you unlock it. I leave for work when its still dark in winter and it lights up around the car so i dont step in dog crap and can see my way around no probs. Love it!

I dont really want this thread about what you don't like about it, but whats you favourite bits?

Cup holders everwhere! And that little compartment above the mirror for my sunnies is great

i love the indicators, just tap the indicator stalk in the desired direction and lights will flash 3 times. perfect for lazy pricks like me when changing lanes!

The extra bit on the sun visor that slides out,sunnies compartment rocks,3 x 12v sockets to run gps,charge phone etc.The back seats folding up is great,my snowboard fits across the back,get heaps of camping gear in there.Plenty of provision for extra switches for spotties etc.

Where's the third 12v socket?

Regardless I just love mY D40, (it drinks far too much diesel) but it has some great features and I can use it work and still pick up the tin lids from school!!

Mine is 2006 model 4x4.A mates 2008 4x2 model has one in the dash and one in the console.????????????

Maybe its the Spain VS Thailand thing?, I've got dec 2008 stx model only 2 x 12vlt sockets and one Auxilary in top glove box.
I like the head light adjustment switch i also like 4low in it (Auto) Its a totally different
beast.
Don't know the purpose of the little LED light in the small centre console compartment though ?

Yeah I think the different models that are built in different countries can be quite different. Mine is a south African Dual cab.

Maybe its the Spain VS Thailand thing?, I've got dec 2008 stx model only 2 x 12vlt sockets and one Auxilary in top glove box.
I like the head light adjustment switch i also like 4low in it (Auto) Its a totally different
beast.
Don't know the purpose of the little LED light in the small centre console compartment though ?

Mine doesn't have the auxilary in the top glove box but my mates does.
I think it is for plugging in a mp3 player to the stereo???

The led light in the small console is for ash tray.The ash tray has a small plastic window that meets with the light.

Mine has a plug for (i'm assuming) a ipod but no 12v outlet, only have two on the dash. No LED light in console as best as I know

Guys I have a 2008 ST-X.. I have one socket in the consol & one in the dash.
The hole in the top glove box on the right side is for an IPod or MP3 player to connect to. You should have a cable in the top box for this application..........

Latest posts

Back