Help - Body lift for V6 D40 questions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murf6

Reaction score
G'day guys,

I am currently in the process of applying to install a body lift on my D40 down here in Tas. Transport department don't see it as a problem and once approved I will be looking to install a 50mm kit.

Just prior to that happening I was just wondered if anyone has done a body lift on the V6 D40 as yet?

The air intake appears very solid with not a lot if any movement in it. How do I get around the problem that the airbox will lift 50mm and the other end of the intake wont.?

Also there is a massive shroud around the radiator. When the radiator lifts with the body the shroud will hit on the air intake. There is only about a 15-20mm gap as it is...

I really don't want to start the process and find out half way through that I cant finish the job...

Also I have an auto, and am just unsure if I will need to make changes to the shift leaver, or if it wil be fine as is. I am sure these questions may have been answered somewhere, but most of the body lifts on here appear as though they are on a diesel model.

Any help I could get will be mostly appreciated

I will try and upload some photos of the air intake shortly to try and help explain what I mean...

CHEERS MURF

Hey mate, i have done this on my petrol truck. dead easy. There is a piece on the bottom of the fan shroud that clips off and allows enough room for the fan to clear. The intake i just made some spacers for where the pipe bolts on top of the engine and it flexes enough so no probolems. Mine is a manual but auto is a cable and should not cause and real probolems. If u dont have a bullbar u need to remove the brace under the front bar too as it will stop it lifting up. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that mate. Much appreciated. I suppose it would be way to much to ask for you to throw a photo up of what you did? I had a bit more of a look today and I can see what you are saying. The air intake must be on a bit of an angle after your mods I am guessing...

Anyone else have any further thoughts about the auto shift leaver.......??

Latest posts

Back