V6 Conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d21demon

Reaction score
I'm looking into doing a commodore v6 conversion on my D21 and just want to know if there is any one out there has done it and how? It looks pretty costly, is there a cheaper way to do it, rather than using the Marks 4wd adaptor kit? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Look out for a written off VG30E powered Navara that has a good driveline.

Those Buick motor's are pretty average.

Dave.

I'm thinking more of the availabilty of parts and cost, D22 engines and driveline cost a small fortune here in S.A. But thanks I'll keep that under conideration, who knows might find one cheap.

i,m thinking of doing the same, the holden v6 alloy is what i had in mind has anyone done conversion and is there a kit available.

Last edited:
I must have missed this thread before.

My Commodore was a 3.8L V6 and it was a superb engine. Uses about 1L per hour at idle, has a 100Ah alternator, runs the air conditioning with barely a sweat and has smooth power delivery.

It drinks a bit when towing, and if you load it up it does struggle and roar a lot. But in general, it's a great engine for a family car. If I had to get a wagon again, and didn't need 4WD, I'd get another Commodore in a heartbeat.

Back