Ultimate suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banga

Reaction score
Anyone here fitted or heard much about 'the ultimate suspension'.
Have been procrastinating about re-doing my saggy suspension for some time now.
Originaly was thinking tough dog but have heard they are a bit harsh. Had a chat with one of the guys at ultimate and was pretty impressed with their knowledge and the fact they weigh each corner of the vehicle and vavle the shocks to suit, rather than a one shock suits all.
Any thoughts or other options would be welcome and also places to install around the Sydney area.
Cheers

I had my D40 fitted up by them with less then 1000km on the clock, and i am very happy with it on and off the road. The ute drives better on the road with the lift then it did stock, and it goes with out saying that it is far better in the bush.
The warranty is awesome as well, not that i have had any need to test it in the 40000km the ute has now done. bottom line is i highly recommend them and i will get them to fit up any thing i by from now on.
Nathan

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, Did a search and found this so i thought i would ask,

Nathan,
What height did you get it lifted to?

I've just started doing some research on it all, and been told about a positive camber issue with a lift over 25mm.

Ive got a december '10 D40, and i'm researching costs for 50mm lift (Maybe 75mm to allow it to sag back to 50 eventually), but i'm a bit worried about the camber issue!

Cheers in advance.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, Did a search and found this so i thought i would ask,

Nathan,
What height did you get it lifted to?

I've just started doing some research on it all, and been told about a positive camber issue with a lift over 25mm.

Ive got a december '10 D40, and i'm researching costs for 50mm lift (Maybe 75mm to allow it to sag back to 50 eventually), but i'm a bit worried about the camber issue!

Cheers in advance.

Gday Tiny,

Mate my nav once lifted ended up at 562mm in the front from axle/centre of rim to bottom of fender

The rear ended up at 585mm from centre of rim to bottom of guard

The front and rear have both sagged 10mm since the day it was installed as was to be expected, BUT now after 60,000km in one year that involved countless weekends in the bush,
a few trips to stocton dunes,
entering "the son of trials" comp,
towing work trailers,
loading it up every day with all my work gear,
since it was fitted i have added a set of scotty's sliders (which are f$#ing heavy)
The measurements are basically still the same as when it had its 1000km safety check.

I am still very happy with the set up they installed, considering my ute has a Steel bar + 12000lb winch full set of bash plates ect and gets worked pretty hard and hasnt sagged at all im as i said very happy.

Tiny is your nav Thai or Spain built?

Mine is Thai built and i dont have any issue with camber, although it is close to max settings.

I've had Ultimate suspension on my D40 for the last 100k. Highly recommended.
Ken and the boys do a great job, and high ability to customise the setup. Warranty/aftersales is first class.

My truck is set for 500-750kg in the back for outback touring, 2inch lift all round (came up close to 3inches) with Ultimates own ball joints at on the UCA to maintain factory angles. Highly recommended.

I'm heavy on equipment (not abusive) and the kit has stood the test - with a number of outback extended touring runs. vs other trucks the Ultimate setup maintained consistency and had noticeably less shock fade vs other trucks (usual jpy trucks as company). Had the shocks rebuilt/services after 50k kms, which is good move if you doing the type of kms we do.

Did the research a few years back and found no one would be willing to customise the set up to the degree Ken and lads do. Good pricing as well.

Latest posts

Back