Crappy headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4low

Reaction score
What have you guys done to get better light out of the headlights?

What would be more worthwhile

HID?
Better Globes?

I don't really want to spend more than $100. Just had some narva 175 blue spotlights put on which throw out a good white light

HID leadlights will be more than $100. Most people find they get a great low beam from them, and a cwap high beam.

The high beam is fixed by installing 4 x HID spotties (2 x flood, 2 x spot), but once again, it will be a tad over $100 (and by a tad, I mean a lot)

I put the top Phillips globes in and now I get a white/blue light but it's still a shithoise amount. Wire in some
Hids

I put the top Phillips globes in and now I get a white/blue light but it's still a shithoise amount. Wire in some
Hids

Thanks for the link. I will give them a try then if im not happy might look into a hid kit! Thanks for all the feedback fellas!

Where are you from? If your from Brisbane you can always have a look at mine before you buy them, but for less than $20 i would just buy them its not that much to lose if you don't like them. I bought 2 sets and keep one as a spare in my tool box.

You will have to adjust your lights down after fitting these. They are really bright, i got flashed a couple of times before i adjusted them down.

Can't tell you a solution but I can tell you something to avoid. I bought some IPF Fatboy globes after reading good things about them on a few forums. But sad to say I can't notice much of an increase in light over the stock globes.

Waste of $120.

Can't tell you a solution but I can tell you something to avoid. I bought some IPF Fatboy globes after reading good things about them on a few forums. But sad to say I can't notice much of an increase in light over the stock globes.

Waste of $120.

Come very close to buying these. Can get them for about 100 bucks from the US.

My high beams are fine as i have the spot/spread lights, however low beam is shit. Thought the Fatboys might improve low beam at least?

Yeah I was in the same boat high beam is fine as I have spotties that light up the road pretty well so I was hoping for an improvement in the low beams.

I replaced one headlight globe at first to see if I could tell the difference in sides and there is a slight color change but that's about it.

Yeah I was in the same boat high beam is fine as I have spotties that light up the road pretty well so I was hoping for an improvement in the low beams.

I replaced one headlight globe at first to see if I could tell the difference in sides and there is a slight color change but that's about it.

mmm save my cash then.

I know there are different types of 'Fatboys' though. Got more of a selection if you buy from overseas. Can you remember the exact ones you got? If your like me you wont have a clue though.haha

Come very close to buying these. Can get them for about 100 bucks from the US.

My high beams are fine as i have the spot/spread lights, however low beam is shit. Thought the Fatboys might improve low beam at least?

The Globes in the link in my other post are much the same as the IPF Fatboys but at a cheaper price. I find low beam is great now, and high beam is insane.
The IPF globes are just over priced for what they are.

Joshp82 said:
The Globes in the link in my other post are much the same as the IPF Fatboys but at a cheaper price. I find low beam is great now, and high beam is insane.
The IPF globes are just over priced for what they are.

I got the top of the line Phillips and they're shithouse. Just ordered some $20 90/100 watters in pure white light. See how they go..

FatBoy89 said:
I got the top of the line Phillips and they're shithouse. Just ordered some $20 90/100 watters in pure white light. See how they go..

I think the "pure white light" part has got people confused. Yes the light is clearer but it's harder to see. If that makes sense. A standard yellow halogen will be easy to see but won't be as bright. Same thing with HID's they are brighter but the light doesn't seem to throw as far.

Now I'm confusing myself. Just get em and chuck em in, gotta be better than the factory ones.
Oh and be careful with the extra heat that the 90/100 watters put out, they may melt your standard headlight plugs.
You can get ceramic ones Here , Here , Or Here, just a safety measure, I don't know if they are needed, nore do i sell any of these parts

Last edited:
If anything i think the reflector in the headlight itself would cop the beating.
Have you had any issues with yours Burning?

The reflectors gradually go down hill.

I can see the difference in my headlights.

The right one is about 170,000km's old after Nissan replaced it.

The left is about 10,000km's old after the last roo I hit.

Na. I only have 35 watt HID in the headlights though.

Id upgrade the wiring for 100 watt though in the headlights.

My last 4x4 suffered from big globes/reflector issues. I was running 100/130's which were fantastic...200,000 kms later, the lights were worse than standard lights.

Latest posts

Back