New Modification laws in NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casper

Reaction score
As of 01 Aug 09 it will be illegal to install a lift of higher than 5cm. Unless I am reading this wrong.

What I read is:
- A lift or lowering of any sort excluding 15mm in tyre diameter must be engineered.
- If you do want to raise your vehicle more than 5cm it may be registered conditionally. IE. Not for use on general roads.
- If your current lift over 5cm is not engineered by 01 Aug, bad luck it never will be.

This is where it's written: HERE

There is a petition to stop this online HERE

I'm not a big fan of online petitions, they are hardly worth the effort, but I've signed this and everyone here should do the same. It just may help.

What do you all think of this?

Its bullshit.

I am fast getting sick of the way this country is being run.

They keep taxing so we cant afford it or they just take our choice away.

I guess we will all have to take up tennis.

the strings on the rackets have been found to damage dolphins. Tennis is here by banned in Australia.

total joke. Not happy. supposedly $7000 fines for not having the paper work

Its bullshit.

I am fast getting sick of the way this country is being run.

They keep taxing so we cant afford it or they just take our choice away.

I guess we will all have to take up tennis.

Thinking knitting might be the way to go . . . . . . . . . . .

Time to go to some sort of all-air suspension? I'm trying to find a law banning all air suspension on the VicRoads site (doesn't take long for anti-modification laws to go national), haven't found it yet.

I did find this, though: "There is no restriction on the use of front fog lamps." I thought there was.

youll find with adjustable suspension, all corners have to lift equaly and suposedly it is limited by the new laws of 50mm hieght?. My suspension is hydraulicaly lifted but i wanted normal ride hieght to be 4-6" over standard anyway.

Well, if it's adjustable, jeff the laws coz you're only going to crank it up out bush.

Wouldn't suit those with only one set of tyres though.

What are you using for hydraulic lift joshy?

hydraulicly adjustable coilovers. Im assuming im going to have to have some sort of on road "lockout" switch. But each corner will be individualy able to lift and lower

haha, I didn't think you wanted to compete... Surely this isn't just for in the bush?

haha ah yeah will probably end up competing unless i have to engineer it as an icv then theres not many comps ill be elligible. Even if i dont compete, i dont want some stupidly high unstable truck, but i dont want to ramp over on everything so best of both worlds.

independently constructed vehichle

basicaly means you can build whatever you want as long as it fits inside the relevant ADR's, but if your using a donor vehichle you have to debadge it and it will no longer be a "navara" or "nissan"

I understand the law will only apply to vehicles after 1 Aug, so suspension lifts done before will be exempt.
The total allowed lift is 50mm, including bigger tyres.
If you have a 50mm lift and currently have bigger tyres that puts you over.
How will they police when I bought the tyres?
They can't do anything about an existing lift, but can they control your future tyre choice.

Can anyone explain it me? I could be getting the whole thing wrong.

Latest posts

Back