Will Prado Rims fit onto D22/D40 Navara's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Hey Guys....

I've been looking around for a late model D22 Dual Cab and I've got a spare set of new OEM Prado Steel Rims (17x7) and was wondering when I finally get a D22 whether these Prado Rims will fit under the D22's? I know they both have the same stud pattern, but I don't know the Navara Rim offset at all.... Does anyone know what the Navara Rim offset is & whether this Prado Rims will fit or not ??
cheers...
rob

First of all don't know the off set of prado rims ! There are a thousand threads all about tyre sizes and off set of rims 17's will no doubt fit it depends on that size tyres you intend on useing and if you are doing a body lift. I would ask someone wwith a D22 if you can try them on . And no they won't fit a D40 :cheers!:

The D22 has a 6x139.7 stud pattern and the D40 has a 6x114.3 stud pattern - if the Prado rims fit one, they won't fit another.

I think the D40s run a zero offset, but it really depends on the rim design anyway.

WOW.... I didn't realise that the Rims between the D22 & D40 are different... how weird is that..... Is there a reason why they went down that track ? You would have thought by supplying exactly the same rims between the D22 & D40 that there would have been a cost saving there for Nissan...... very strange :hmmmm:

The D22 has a 6x139.7 stud pattern and the D40 has a 6x114.3 stud pattern - if the Prado rims fit one, they won't fit another.

I think the D40s run a zero offset, but it really depends on the rim design anyway.

D40's don't have front hubs, so the larger stud pattern isn't needed and probably because of the pathetic piss weak front diff/wheel bearings they didn't want people fitting aftermarket big offset wheels.

D40's don't have front hubs, so the larger stud pattern isn't needed and probably because of the pathetic piss weak front diff/wheel bearings they didn't want people fitting aftermarket big offset wheels.

Interesting to know that..... I've been asking around at a few 4WD Mechanics that deal with repairs / modifying, etc, etc and each one has advised me to lean towards getting a D22 instead of the D40, which is great as I prefer the look of the D22 over the D40 and the price too (just my personal opinion though)......

Reasons they gave ranged from available mods to repair costs being cheaper......

Just got to convince the missus now..... along with finding one a affordable price

Now.... Petrol vs Diesel ??? I know diesel is better on Fuel, but I assume the Petrol would be cheaper to repair, should something happen with the engine where as any fuel savings made with the Diesel would quickly dissappear if there was a engine problem with the Diesel (When I get one, I plan to keep it long term to)

Last edited:
Prado wheels on D22

Hi, i fitted a set of Prado wheels on my D22 and they are 17x7.5 with 265x65x17 Pirelli Scorpion which ended up nearly exactly the same height and rolling diameter as the original 265x70x16 they stick out a bit more about 10mmwhich puts them dead level with the D22 flares and they do not touch the back of the guards/mudflaps on full lock at all and they look much better than the original Navara wheels. Craig.

Further to this I've found out that Prado 90 series 16 x 7 inch rims, steel or alloy are a +15 offset, great for a D22, I think the steel ones would look good powder coated black.

Latest posts

Back