Rear diff making metal.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr13b

Reaction score
Guys i just dropped the oil in my rear diff too find two identical pieces of metal. Both look like the casing of an 8mm bearing but split in half and opened out flat in a way. Any ideas?? And wat options do i have now. It still drives fine and doesnt whine. Strange one.

Thats defiantly not a good sign as im sure you know. I would start looking for a new diff centre while the original is hanging in there.
With a little time up your sleeve you should be able to find a reco at a good price if not a second hand one with low km

Yeh thats wat im starting to think, where would be the best spot to find one? Wreckers??

I would think thats a good start. You could try nizbits, or send scottybobcat a pm he will have a few suggestions that may save you some time.
I just had to replace the rear diff on my old hiliux, i started off using google but at the end of the day i ended up getting a near new diff with 6 months parts and labour warranty at the best price from my local wreckers.

IMG_1129.jpg

Hey mate, where you based? And what truck you driving? I've got my old rear axle from my zd30 powered d22. The diff cask is shot, but the centre is in good condition, only did ~100k km.

Im in mornington. Wat would you be after for it?? Im driving an 01 single cab d22.

Where's mornington? I paid $800 for my replacement rear axle, so make me an offer under that. I'm not living in Brisbane at the moment, but I'll be home very briefly this coming weekend, but then not again until Christmas. It's a full axle assembly, so it'll be good for replacement bits and pieces.

If you can organize transport logistics, we might be able to make this happen.

Last edited:
Back