Yellow sticker!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.Griff

Reaction score
Got a yellow sticker the other day for being to high no rear mud flaps and tyres sticking out! Went through the pits today and my front cross member has a slight dent in it apparently I need to replace it! Any idea where I can get it one from!

There's a d22being wrecked on gumtree.might help.I'm not surprised about mudflaps and tyres sticking out but I am a bit about lift.
Did they measure it on the side of the road? or at the pits?
Did they seem to know what they were looking at on side of road or did they leave it for the pits to sort out?
Cheers
Charlie

Cheers will have a look! He just said that its to high which it does look a bit High still only being on 31s and having 2 body and 2 suspension!! But at the pits he only thought I had a 2 body which I thought was illegal unless it is engineered and said that's fine and he thought I have put larger tyres on which I havent pretty sure comes out with 31s and also go done for the wheels sticking out to much even though they where under flexy flairs apparently the wheel track can be no wider than 50mm from stock! I thought didnt matter unless they where covered up.have you heard anything about tyres being to wide

T.Griff, W.A. Has adopted the VSB 14 in its entirety, all the info you need can be found on the dpi website Modify a vehicle from my understanding anything over 50mm increase in height without being engineered can get a defect notice. In your case, if both body and suspension are 50mm they will need to be engineered. Under the same legislation there doesn't appear to be any scope for wheel track increase of more than 50mm unless using a solid axle from another manufacturer. I hope that helps

Ben

I was under the impression that with flexi flares you would have been ok as long as all of tyre is under flare. I have heard of the 50mm max wheel track increase. Are you running a zero offset on your rims,as this will give you an extra 80mm overall.

Im also abit surprised they said it looked to high when you look at new hiluxes and mitsi tritons that are getting around. On side of the road I would have just said its had a legal 2 inch lift and tried to leave it at that, problem is they get you for something obvious, in your case no mudflaps and then the pits can sort out the nitty gritty.

I guess luck can play a part to,I once had cops follow me from wedge island to gingin ,sat right up my arse the whole way and didnt pull me over with a missing mudflap staring them in the face. Mustve had something better to do.

Did the pits measure anything or just go by eye?
Did they check if your vehicle came out with air bags when they were looking at body lift?

G'day Grif , mate I just got a Blue slip for mine in NSW last month after my truck was unregoed for 12 months due to its rebuild it had 265 75 r16 tyres 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift passed first go. I new the new laws came into affect around September or something here but thought I would give it a go anyway. I was surprised at the amount of time they were looking and checking stuff and thought for sure they would knock me but all sweet and legal. The ute does like a bit on the high side.

Latest posts

Back