Knock Knock Let me in. Flat batt No remote

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyOne

Reaction score
My D40 d/cab. A great rig out side but I want to get inside. The problem. My new Engel 240v r/angle plug into base of fridge is a lousy connection. Is supposed to take over powering when 240v lead plugged in while the vehicle 12v one is still alive. While it looked like the 240v was powering fridge, in fact, the connection was lousy and dropped out, was sucking power from my rig 12v circuit. I go to unlock with my remote. No action. Maybe that 2 1/2 year old remote was flat. Tried the other remote and it never worked. Then it hit me. The Engel faulty lead has flattened the vehicle battery. No power for the remote radio receiver,relay,solenoid. Can't open bonnet. I was wondering if I could feed some 12v into the rear tub fridge outlet by a male 12v power plug onto a couple of battery clips or a little 12v solar panel I have, that works fine. Any great ideas guys, without using a rock on the glass ? Oh for the good old 1/4 flip out vents. I had to bust one of those a hundred years ago ;-) Vehicle is Navara D40 STX dual cab 2.5 t/dsl.

Attachments

• Spanner & Navara.jpg
    Spanner & Navara.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 178
D40's have a key hole on the passenger door, it's under the black plastic square at the end of the door handle. Saves alot of broken windows.

D40's have a key hole on the passenger door, it's under the black plastic square at the end of the door handle. Saves alot of broken windows.

To tell the truth i was thinking the same thing about the key in the door, rather than the brick through the window.....

Last edited:
Key in the front passenger door is the answer. Get a medium flat-bladed screwdriver, insert in hole underneath and prise the cover off - presto, keyhole appears. Cover clips back in place when done (no, Nissan do NOT require you to buy a new cover - but now that I've mentioned this, some design guru spy from Nissan will consider building that feature into the next model ... only $400, cheaper than the rear quarter window!).

Hey K R A F T Y ! Eye am over the moon. Dinkum! Guess what? Thanks to you oh Krafty one, I found the 'G' spot. Magic! How clever is that? Seems you may have retired the great Cherokee XJ for a D40. Same as me. Love the rig. Would not change a thing. Got it for our dog Spanner, but seems he mainly rides in the dual cab anyway. Has good manners. Well mate, I owe you on this one so the least I can do is go through your SCJC etc pix and buy some. Hope the cross tracks with you down there soon. We are moving soon to Bundy area where we go often.

Attachments

• Arty Canvas 03.jpg
    Arty Canvas 03.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 130
  • ArtyCanvas02.jpg
    ArtyCanvas02.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 152
  • ArtyCanvas01.jpg
    ArtyCanvas01.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 137

Latest posts

Back