turbo leaking oil into intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am curious to see if anyone else has this problem? In summary...

1. I installed a catch tank about 6 weeks ago and have crudely let it vent to atmosphere (for now).
2. I then removed all the turbo pipework except intercooler and cleaned them throughly.
3. Upon re-inpection a few times since there is a fair amount of oil back inside the pipework
4. I understand that if there is residue in the intercooler that could explain the downstream side oil but not the upstream.
5. This leads me to believe the turbo is leaking oil into the air stream as there is theoritically no where else the oil can come from?

Has anyone else seen this before and having the same issues?

Thanks

Hi all,

I am curious to see if anyone else has this problem? In summary...

1. I installed a catch tank about 6 weeks ago and have crudely let it vent to atmosphere (for now).
2. I then removed all the turbo pipework except intercooler and cleaned them throughly.
3. Upon re-inpection a few times since there is a fair amount of oil back inside the pipework
4. I understand that if there is residue in the intercooler that could explain the downstream side oil but not the upstream.
5. This leads me to believe the turbo is leaking oil into the air stream as there is theoritically no where else the oil can come from?

Has anyone else seen this before and having the same issues?

Thanks

What sort of catch can did you use? A lot of the ones on the market don't stop all the blow by as they have no filter in them. Heaps of threads on how guys have modified catch cans to help stop more, or a good can is the Provent ones, as they have a filter inside.

if breather is not connected then it is likely that the oil is from turbo. however just check there is no oil still remaining in the air filter and pre turbo pipework.

Thanks Tweake, i was afraid that it would be from the turbo.

I will re-clean all the pipework again and give it another go. I have already had the turbo replaced on this vehicle under warranty, i wonder how keen nissan will be to do another one under warranty

Back