Fault code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyoco

Reaction score
GOOD DAY FOLKS

IM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY D40 2009 NAVARA I CANT GET ENGINE WARNING LIGHT TO GO OUT ,I KEEP DOING THE ECU CLEAR PROCEDURE ,AFTER EACH ATEMPT ITS STILL ON ALSO IM GETTING THE USUAL 234 & 238 CODES ,IM ALSO GETTING A 10 4 5 CODE WHICH IVE BEEN TOLD 10 FLASHES = 0 SO ITS A 0 4 5 CODE NO ONE UP ERE HAS HEARD OF IT ?????????? they tell me the other codes are from boost sensor and solenoid which I'm waiting to replace ,any help would be very welcome.

Welcome to the forum.

0234 is the boost control solenoid. 0238 is the boost sensor circuit. At a guess, 0234 tells you that the boost control solenoid isn't activating the actuator and the 0238 is telling you that there's no change in boost as expected.

I don't see an 045 or an 0045 code in the DTC list, so that's a mystery.

I'd also check your vacuum lines - any of them attached to the actuator could have a leak and could cause trouble.

Welcome to the forum.

0234 is the boost control solenoid. 0238 is the boost sensor circuit. At a guess, 0234 tells you that the boost control solenoid isn't activating the actuator and the 0238 is telling you that there's no change in boost as expected.

I don't see an 045 or an 0045 code in the DTC list, so that's a mystery.

I'd also check your vacuum lines - any of them attached to the actuator could have a leak and could cause trouble.

car seems to run great as a test i disconnected plug on boost solenoid car ran poorly so I'm guessing solenoid is working fine ,still getting then 10 4 5 code which is a mystery to us all ,and 2 3 4 and 2 3 8 .

It certainly sounds like the vacuum lines are intact. I wonder if it's working the other way - boost pressure sensor in the intercooler is faulty/dirty giving you the 0238 error and it's throwing the 0234 as a probable cause?

I also wonder how clean the MAFS is? It's screwed into the air line a few cm from the air filter on the back of the pipe that heads to the turbocharger. Use electrical contact cleaner spray to clean it - do not touch it! This device measures air flow rate, and also measures intake air temperature so that it has a fairly accurate idea of the actual density of oxygen available at that point. It's actually very, very critical to the smooth operation of the vehicle as another user here found out - failed MAFS = unrecoverable limp mode.

I've looked through the engine control circuit diagram and there's little else that would trigger these codes (given that you've already tested the likely culprit).

Let us know how you go. This one might be a case of handing it to Nissan - does the vehicle still have warranty?

hi tony thanks for advice as it happens I've had it at nissan this morn 045 code means permanent fault he told me but still showing 234 238 codes he dosnt think there is anything wrong with boost solenoid coz he has never changed one in last 5 years as for sensor on side of intercooler rad he thinks i should get wiring tested from sensor back to ecu so thats my next plan il keep you posted thanks again .

Back