HID's Too Bright?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryandm

Reaction score
hi, i have just installed a set of hid headlight conversions that were h4 high and low 6000k.. i have been told by everyone that see's them that it looks like a have my high beems on...the hight beam isnt that much brighter then low beam.

They are great lights to drive with, massive improvement over the stock globes but was wondering whether anyone has the same issues and if so, been pulled over by police or been flashed by oncomming traffic thinking that high beams were on?

thanks ryan..

have you adjusted the lights so they point down a little? maybe they are sitting too high.

yeah tried that mate helped a little but still so bright. doesnt worry me makes driving on low beams great but was just worried but cops and other drivers

I am not flashing, they yell it out to ladies on the footpath.

Anyways, stop going off topic Krafty.

Sorry I couldn't resist, you left yourself open for that one.

No more off topic from me sir!

haha they will be bright!! i got 100 watt hids that im gonna put in this weekend for the IPF spotties cant wait to see how bright they will be

I have noticed more and more non-factory HID headlight cars with lights too bloody bright. Either make sure they are adjusted properly or don't use the damn things.

I have noticed more and more non-factory HID headlight cars with lights too bloody bright. Either make sure they are adjusted properly or don't use the damn things.
+1
I thought it was ilegal to fit them to standard headlights.
Not to pleased with the fog light brigade either. Some of them are too bright and very distracting. There for fog.

I have the same drama in mine. Got a set of 55w 6000k from
Thumpa and on low beam they are rediculously bright. I get fladhes every know and then but not always. As for the men in blue. They have seen them
And havent said anything yet. Touch woody.

yeah definatley right about the 100 watt lights for the ipf extreme sports, they are so bright i reckon 2-3 times brighter then the halogen ones, i should of taken before and after pics, too late now. I got them from offroad industries i think... it was on ebay.

I have the same drama in mine. Got a set of 55w 6000k from
Thumpa and on low beam they are rediculously bright. I get fladhes every know and then but not always. As for the men in blue. They have seen them
And havent said anything yet. Touch woody.

WOW 55 watts as low beam! Yeah that would be way too bright, i have 35 watts low beam and 55 watts spotties.

Yea i just decided on them. They have worked a charm. But i think i will be getting a set of projectors and putting white globes in. Not hids. To bulky for the engine bay of a d40. The lightforce xgts will however be staying 55w. Love em. Wouldnt change for anything. So dam
Bright.

I installed 55W 6000K hids to my Nav. I was well impressed with the difference but then this crap thing happened. I was driving along a beach, bumping around and all that when the left hand side when a bit dull. I stopped when i found some harder stuff and opened the bonnet to investigate.

What had happened is the globe came unclipped from the H4 holder and rested on the rubber boot at the back of the headlight. They say HID globes run alot cooler but I disagree. The rubber melted and gave off a thick brown smoke that filled the headlight. This stained the lens and reflectors. It also melted the H4 holder which i later found out are hard to get without buying a whole new kit.

When i got home i removed the headlight, another fun job a lot harder than i expected :suicide2: and put the headlight assembly in the oven. The missus was quite understanding putting a dusty old headlight in the oven.

Anyways i opened the headlight and cleaned everything, almost good as new. I then bought some new globes, ones i found with new holders.

I chose 4300K 55W this time because they are more of a white yellow than a white blue. I thought this would be less suss to the cops than blueish light. This time i put a small dab of roofing silicon on the join between the globe and the holder.

Cheers for reading my story.

Latest posts

Back