STX 550 split turbo hose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgleeson

Reaction score
G'Day Gents,

Unfortunately I am the latest victim of the split silicone turbo hose/ pipe. Nissan informs me there are none in Australia stock.

Has anyone found an aftermarket fix? I was thinking of using a metal pipe 90 degree bend and silicone hoses to suit.

Heading to Fraser Sat morning, need some sort of a fix. How well will Duct tape hold up against 26 psi?

Cheers

Thats crap. I would go to truck spares joint and buy real turbo hose. i put it on my D22 and never had an issue again, the quality is so much better then the crap radiator type hose nissan use. the other alternative which is only a temporary fix is to go to super crap auto and buy a radiator hose and cut it to length to suit the standard one, as i said this is only for the short term. The oil will make it go soft after a few weeks but it will get you through your trip

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Yeah not interested in Nissans part even if when it is back in stock.

I take it from the description that it's the rubber hose with two 90 degr bends from turbo to intercooler. You can easily replace it with two 90degr mandrel bend tubes in 2.25" alu or ss, your choice, cut to length and welded together.
mini-DSCF1615.jpg

Replacing the tubes is a great idea. A little more complex than pictured above with the V6 - the turbo sits in the middle of the 'V' at the rear. Damn prick of a place to have it, right where most of the heat goes.

I would have used extractors and had twin turbos on it, but then I've said something like that before too.

Stupid setup. Rubber hose wrapped in steel wire.
Split was between one of the bigger gaps in the wire. About an inch long on both sides.

Pipe that it needs to clamp on to is 60mm. Not a common size.

Would be nice for someone to make a whole intercooler replacement with piping.

Still waiting on Northside.

Attachments

• IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 627
Sorry guys, didn't realize it was the V6, but it's still a good idea to replace that colorectal monster with some hard piping...

Replacing the tubes is a great idea. A little more complex than pictured above with the V6 - the turbo sits in the middle of the 'V' at the rear. Damn prick of a place to have it, right where most of the heat goes.

I would have used extractors and had twin turbos on it, but then I've said something like that before too.

Doesn't look too bad to do actually, can anyone suggest what size pipe to use? I might knock one up then give people the measurements if they want them, was thinking 2 or 2 1/4 inch pipe

Fixed. 2.5 inch alloy 90 degree bend, 2" trimmed from one end. 2x silicone hose reducers, 2 1/4 to 2 1/2".
ForumRunner_20111202_145557.jpg

Pipe and reducers lasted Fraser just... Oil in the pipes and not a perfect 90 degree bend at the top connection, causing the pipe to letting go. No enough pipe for clamp to hold onto.

Will have to ring Northside 4x4 in the morning for some help. Stuck on Sunshine coast at the moment.

Fit a catch can, mount it out front of the radiator and make sure you mod the inside so the exhaust gas is released at the bottom and is forced up through stainless steel shavings.

The oil is from your PCV (engine breather). If you don't catch it, your intercooler will catch part of it.

Back