EGT install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_215

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just in the process of installing my chip it EGT. Now i know your supposed to put it right below the turbo. But ive tried and ive looked at this but i cant see much room for a drill. I got underneath and had a look and looks good. But just wondering where you blokes have installed them
Any help appreciated. Pictures would also be great. Cheers.

far more accurate to put it pre turbo. if its the chip that has egt sensor then i would put it pre turbo.

G'day Ray , mate I put mine pre turbo with a weld in nipple , done mine when the engine was out getting a rebuild , its the only way to get a correct reading , I personally don't like them after the turbo as you don't get an accurate reading. Only use quality probes / sensors my boost ,oil pressure ,egt are Auber instruments , I think that's what Chip it use.

Thanks for the tips. A Photo would be real good. I sPent a while tToday trying to install it. And i couldnt find any room in the engine bay. So i had tO get under the car and put it at the start of the exhaust. But i can always get it welded up. Photo pre turbo would be good cheers.

Looking at pictures of different exhausts, they all seem to have a nipple welded high up on the dump pipe. Maybe it may be easier to pull the dump pipe off.

Latest posts

Back