D22 Indicator & Hazard Fuses blowing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my hazard and indicator fuses as described.
Only seems to have happened this morning and I have not touched any of the wiring on that circuit (as far as I know).
The hazard is a 10amp and the indicator is a 7.5
They have both blown 20amp fuses (the only ones I had spare in the fuse box)
Just wondering if anyone knew what the fault might be. My Engine is a QD32.

-Brodie

There's a short somewhere.

Go over all your connections.

Check the trailer plug etc.

Good luck.

Yeah I was thinking it might be the trailer plug or rear lights. Will have a look now and let you know how I go.

Add anything to the engine bay as the side indicator is in the engine bay from memory.

Alright so I had a look at the Service manual and found there is an extra fuse between the battery and the fuses in the fuse box. When I looked at it I found this.
IMG_20111204_181740.jpg

IMG_20111204_181833.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking that might be the problem.
As far as I can tell there should have been a 10amp in there not a 30.
But to melt that 30 something else must be going on. Always these problems when you are the third owner.
I am getting some fuses dropped over now and will replace them and let you know how I went.

Well its not that fuse. I have narrowed it down to the front left of the car where the front and side indicator are not working. When I plugged in the lights the fuse blew.
It seems as if they are not getting enough power as when I have the left indicator on the dash cluster lights dim each time the indicator should be going.

Alright so the 80 Series air box had decided to rub through the power wire to the side panel indicator. Not to sure how much power an air box needs to light up.
Anyway I have fixed it for the moment by wrapping some electrical tape around it but I will move the wire through a different route tomorrow afternoon when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help Dave.

Latest posts

Back