diff oil?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
hi all, been getting a strange sound coming from my rear diff in the last few days, sounds like a sort of grinding noise when turning sharp at low speeds, going to drop the oil out of it tomorrow after work and see if theres any metal etc in there, just wondering what would be the best oil to fill it back up with as i will go to supercheap on the way home, its a 09 cr 2.5 d22, also any ideas what the noise could be? cheers

Not sure about 09 model but my 06 D22 was doing this 12 months ago. I read up on Limited Slip Diffs and found that if LSD oil is not used, the clutch plates in the LS diff will grind when turning, which is when the clutch plates come into play. Replacing the oil with LSD oil (from Supercheap) and have not had a problem since.

mate i think the castrol website says it needs a LSX 90 or something which is lad approved oil. dont qote me on that i would check for yourself. penrite oil states quite clearly on there bottles which is lsd or not. i also think if you go penrite it shoudl be called LimSlip 90 or 140. 140 may be a little to thick.

as stated check there websites. i had this grinding noise and took it back to nissan they replaced the oil under warranty and its been good since

Latest posts

Back