• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

5 Post Bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one's i have seen are the "tuff" brand, and they look shit hot!

IMO they just look way to big....... not to mention the loss of approach angle, definitely not my cup of tea thats for sure, but each to there own i guess

Only lose aproach angle if that is what you're after, if you're chasing aproach angle for 4x4ing then chances are he wouldn't be looking for one.

I'd be surprised if they were legal. They definitely don't conform to ADR. Bullbars are supposed to flow back so that a pedestrian strike folds the person over gently, not snaps them in two over the top of the bar.

Just like the fishing rod holders that we continually see (and definitely are NOT legal because of how dangerous they are) and driving lights above 1400mm - seeing them on the road doesn't necessarily make them legal, just makes for a fortunate driver.

For me, my concern isn't so much the legality of it. It's what my insurance company is going to say when I have a bingle and need to claim.

When you actually live in a rural area and hitting roos every week shes worth it! If I was a city slicker then different story. I'm not looking for angle I'm not a heavy 4x4er.. Its to run along already built tracks and across stubble paddocks... shooting etc not a concrete 4x4...

I'd be very carefull with that much weight hanging off the front. Nissan had to do a recall to stop the chassis flexing and bonnets flying open with just a standard steel bar. Be very very careful!

I live in what you would call a semi rural area compared to my sister, who lives about 50km out of Inverell on a 7500 acre farm and none of my sisters 4x4's, work utes or workers vehicles need anything like that and all of us do a fair bit of roo dodging. Most of the roo's we hit seem to end up glancing of the side, so i found the typical steel bar does the job.
My fear with such a large bar is not only the weight as others have said, but due to the mounting position on the nav being so far from the front wheels, i think it would struggle to get over a contour bank or cross a small gully without becoming a front end loader! lol

But like i said before each to their own, If you like it go for it. I put stuff on my ute that i like, not what every one else likes.

Keep us posted mate.

I have hit 6 kangaroo's and a few wallabies.

Go for the 5 poster, keen to see it.

Just my opinion...

but $5k is alot to spend on a bullbar... surely a good steel bar with headlight loops would suffice?

I thought the factory nissan alloy bar was expensive!!

$5k wow!!! there's another reason why i dont like them.... hahaha
you could buy three steel ironman bars for that price which should get you through a few roo hits

Want something with scrub rails and ARB and TJM don't make scrub rails to suit my model just yet... I suppose I could wait a little longer and maybe save myself some cash....

Latest posts

Back