Places to camp in Qld??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm only kind of new to the Sunshine Coast (6 months) after moving here from NSW, and I am looking for places to go camping with my family.

My 2 biggest problems are that our family dog must be able to come with us and we love a campfire. It seems places where you can take a dog and light a fire are very scarce.

I am hoping to find some locations within a few hours drive - say from the NSW border to up to around Hervey Bay. We're not fussy whether it's near the beach or deep in the bush, so long as it's nice scenery and a great place to camp.

C'mon guys I need some suggestions :idea:

Thanks for any help!!!

Mark.

i like gordon country. dog friendly , fires are fine and a few nice tracks to go for a bash on.

we have the same problem mark, but im with woz, Gordon Country is pretty good, as is The Springs but unlike some other 4x4 parks its very family friendly. Amamoor state forest is up your way but if you did duck over the nsw border there is Levuka near Urbenville, Pascoe's (think its called Brooklyn) just down the road at Tooloom, there is also a small campgrounds at Tooloom Falls and we have always taken our Lab there and over near the coast there is a caravan park/campgounds (yep allowed raised fires in caravan park lol) right next to the beach at Wooyung (between tweed and byron) oh and there is another place called Goomburra Valley Campgrounds basicly next door to Gordon Country. hope been a help
cheers

straddie or morton are nice, their a good beach escape. not quite sure about the dog on morton thou. straddie is fine, ive been there with dogs plenty of times.

Thanks heaps guys! Lots of ideas to get us started! I think we might head over to Neurum in the next couple of weeks to get started with because it's closest. I just googled all the other places mentioned and they all look great too.
If anyone else has any suggestion, please keep them coming - I'm planning on doing lots of camping.

I'm excited now lol

Thanks again.
Mark.

Mark check my sticky in the Brisbane section. Landcruiser is my favourite at the moment, lots of tracks, dogs and fires allowed.

Latest posts

Back