Boxy's D40 build with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
]Hey guys just starting up a thread on my ride as ive just started the mods ive had the d40 for about 18 months but havent had the time to mod it due to work,but now im settled and everythings getting underway

these are the mods ive done over the last couple of weeks include 2 inch ironman suspension all round with 0-300kg springs in the rear and heavy duty coils and a 12mm strut spacer in the front,2 inch bodylift ,ironman deluxe bar modified to suit the body lift , vrs winch 9500 pound winch and 33 inch maxxis bighorns on 16x8 dynamic rims ,garin gps mounted on dash,boost gauge,uhf,tjm dual battery kit(not wired yet)

took the rig for run on sunday out near the burdekin river very happy with its performance although the shocks run out of tavel so i plan to put 4 inch extended shocks to allow more travel and braided lines all round.

mods to follow include:
chip and 3 inch exhaust
rooftop tent
canvas canopy
custom draw system including fridge slide
onboard water and diesel
custom rear bar with twin swing aways
custom side steps
rear locker
onboard air compressor
power shower
lightforce spotties 2 on the front 4 on the roof
custom bash plates
in dash navigation
feel free to ask me any questions on anything i have done so far as everything has been fitted ,modified some things made by me

cheers boxy

pc041688.jpg

pc041680.jpg
pc040130.jpg

pc040129.jpg

hey are you sure the shocks bottem out before the uca hits?
and also where did you pick your bodylift up from?
and where did you pick your tyres?
sorry for all the questions
nice rig by the way!

Last edited:
hey mate sorry should of been more specific i dont have uca contact in the front its in the rear that my shocks bottom out i can hear it when i drop into hole, angles ect i twisted it up specialy to see once id put them in coz it was a concern of mine before buying the kit but, i couldnt find any info , its not much just to replace the rear shocks but its no real problem im not in a rush when i get extra cash

Body blocks - A good mate of mine is an engineer/Gunsmith he lathed me up all my blocks out of 50mm aircraft alloy and did a great jobs then just had to work out what the bolts were(size/thread) and got them in a bigger version,i can post a pic of the block if u like he made me a complete other set so if ur intrested give me yell

Rims/Tyres- that was the biggest decision took me months to decide after trolling through this forum/club frontier everywhere i could not find a definitive answer on what would fit and what wouldnt. i rang everywhere allied,speedy,procomp,dynamic etc ,i had read on here that dynamics did fit the car but hung out a heap 43mm if i remember,im glad i picked the 285's with the lift and bodylift it looks awesome the overhang is nothing that cant be managed by ur 50ml flare i bought a role of 75ml rubber just to screw into the inner gaurds covers that problem. oh and i bought them from tyrepower dynamic supply to most normal tyre shops

any other questions give us a yell

cheers boxy

defiantly keen on the body lift, if your mate is in townsville and can make them up that would be insane, just let us know the price.

no worries mate where abouts are you located and what style nav have u got dualcab/singlecab ect probably looking bout $250 fdepending on how many blocks you need

Looking good Boxy, i dig the 33's iz gots to get me some of those.... along with a heap of other stuff hahaha
Any dramas with the body lift?

townsville, 2008 rx duel cab with steel tray
the tray is only 4 blocks and 2 spacers i think

hey mate i have all the blocks here and bolts for the cab ill just have to source some bolts for your tray if u wanted to swing round some time check out what the lift is like in my nav and how its done $250 for all the blocks and bolts might just have to get the spacers machined just have to c how the tray is mounted

Looking good Boxy, i dig the 33's iz gots to get me some of those.... along with a heap of other stuff hahaha
Any dramas with the body lift?

hey mate no dramas with the body lift just had to trim the plastic engine cover as the radiator shroud comes up a little , removed bottom section of the radiator shroud so the fan dosen't hit,gear stick is a lil shorter obviously but ya get ust to it

hey mate no dramas with the body lift just had to trim the plastic engine cover as the radiator shroud comes up a little , removed bottom section of the radiator shroud so the fan dosen't hit,gear stick is a lil shorter obviously but ya get ust to it

:cheers!: Boxy, i never thought about the shroud, but it makes perfect sense. The old hilux was i bit of a bugger when you lifted the body because the gear stick would hit the console and make it really hard to get reverse and second. so no probs like that for the nav with gear changes?

Great looking ute Boxy,well done.
Looking around for a front winch bar for mine,
How does the iron man go?Any quality issues or trouble fitting it up?
:cheers!:

Great looking ute Boxy,well done.
Looking around for a front winch bar for mine,
How does the iron man go?Any quality issues or trouble fitting it up?
:cheers!:

hey mate love the bar its awesome very easy to mount the winch as it sits on flat seperate cradle behind the bar couple of holes u need to drill 2 guys with the right tools u could do it and drill bits take 3 hours or so comes with a nice relay and switch for your fog lights in the bar probably the best choice i made looks very similiar to the arb deluxe and is 400 cheaper and it is not a lightwieght bar trying to lift it by urself and put bolts in not reccomended lol

:cheers!: Boxy, i never thought about the shroud, but it makes perfect sense. The old hilux was i bit of a bugger when you lifted the body because the gear stick would hit the console and make it really hard to get reverse and second. so no probs like that for the nav with gear changes?

nah mate no drama with the gear changes its close would have probably 5 ml clearence max in those gears but its fine dosent sit or rub against anything i just cut the stupid foam insulation they put round it incase it gave me trouble

Sweet, thats good to know. I have to make a call as to which way to go more lift and UCA's, or just a body lift in order to get the 33's to fit.

hey mate i have all the blocks here and bolts for the cab ill just have to source some bolts for your tray if u wanted to swing round some time check out what the lift is like in my nav and how its done $250 for all the blocks and bolts might just have to get the spacers machined just have to c how the tray is mounted

No worries mate, are you free some time Saturday arvie?
Ryan.

update

just thought id throw up few pics of the canopy frame i knocked up overr the lastcouple of days just got to paint it and mount now,i throw another pic up tomorrow of it painted and mounted

next project is the roof rack im building to mount on top of that and half way over the cab and the storage compartment under the back seat

Looks good man, the edges on the frame look abit sharp. Could you load a image of your cv anger on level ground want to see if the angels to see if it'll were badly. Cheers

Looks good man, the edges on the frame look abit sharp. Could you load a image of your cv anger on level ground want to see if the angels to see if it'll were badly. Cheers

edges are ground away a smoothed off, cv angles are fine i dont have spacer blocks its a just a 2inch lift my cvs sit fairly flat

Latest posts

Back