Strange Noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingman13

Reaction score
Hi All
I have a 07 navara, the strange problem is after driving it for about 60 mins it starts to make a very strange squeaking noise that seems to come from the front. it does not happen on short runs. any help?

a rudely awoken mouse maybe?:big_smile: does it come from the front in general or a specific area? is it constant? does engine speed or road speed affect it? brake aplication make it worse or stop? same with bumps or steering input. still do it when you disengage the clutch?

hi bob
sounds like the front, dont always notice it when engine is cold! worse when going over bumps, i will check clutch and let you know!
Thanks Pingman13

ok this sounds really stupid, ive got a weird squeek over bumps too, i was sure it was something in the front end, even my suspension bloke after he drove it thought it was somthing up front, had both of us baffled, then i drove and he jumped in shotgun, no noise, then i drove past while he looked and listened and noise was there.....long story short it was the passenger seat squeaking!

Guys,

This is almost certainly the front bonnet catch. Mine did it after driving a few k's and the bonnet temp increased then it used to sqeak like crazy and give me the irits. Try wrapping a little electrical tape around the bonnet catch loop that will soon tell you if it is coming from there. It is fixed by adjusting the bonnet stops according to Nissan who sorted mine.

Norry

I have had squeking problems on the Navara with the following:
1) Fan belt (caused by new belt or dry bearing in altenator, I can't tell as I fixed both at the same time)
2) Tail shaft (caused by out of round shroud at end of gear box, check the clearance between the shroud on the gearbox and the plate on the tail shaft which runs inside the shroud)

Squeaky bonnet catch everytime. Electrical tape fixes prob but does wear out. Then you hear the squeak again & have to remember what it was..... or is that just me.

I have to agree with laith mine was the little rubber blocks on each side of the bonnet damm i hate squeaks

Back