Steering sticks when turning right?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20hurtz

Reaction score
G’day,

Been having a bit of trouble with the steering of late. There is a tight spot when I turn the wheel to the right. It doesn’t happen when the car is stationary only when moving? Especially noticeable going around round abouts, the wheel will only turn so far and then it sticks, I can push through and it sort of creaks a bit and gets through the tight spot, or when I get to the tight spot if I give it a quick short flick back to the left and then keep turning right it goes through the tight spot with no worries. It seems to in about the same spot but then some times when I’m highway driving and go round a sweeping bend it has a little bit of a stick (not as bad as turning at lower speeds (10-60km/h). Also it seems better in the morning when the car is cold.

The back story behind it is I had some aftermarket springs and shocks put in about 12 months ago. I recently got it re done as the shocks hadn’t been mounted properly and had pushed through the mounting plate. I also got my rotors, pads and wheel assembly done at the same time. I noticed the steering problem a few days after so I thought it was related, I took it back for them to check and they took everything apart again, had a look to see if they could find what was wrong but couldn’t find anything but the problem is still there.

It kind of feels like something is binding and needs to be greased up or something. I’ve stuck my head under and can’t see anything out of the ordinary. Power steering fluid levels are all fine and when I took it in to get looked over they said there couldn’t see anything wrong with the power steering pump or rack.

I’m really at a loss as to what could be wrong, any ideas?

Maybe undo amd retightes you ball joint from the uca to spindle both sides?

Thanks mate, I don't have the tools but I will suggest it to the guys in the shop. Is it something they would have fiddled with when they re did the shocks and springs?

any other suggestions, its so strange that it only sticks when moving not while stationary!

How did you go with this problem ? Mine has just started doing something similar ,tightness into turns and not returning to centre after cornering ? Any ideas ?

Latest posts

Back