Taking the dump pipe off?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_215

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just bOred and decided to gdt under and have a look at my exhaust. Well earlier this year i bought a 3 inch humex system which i thought was turbo back. But after fitment i dont think it is. Now looking underneath the car i see a 3 stud flange. Whoch is what my exhaust connects to. Im guessing this is the dump pipe off the turbo. Looking in the engine bay i can just make out the turbo ( covered in a heap of heat protectant stuff). Ive just taken off the peice of pipe of my aftermarket exhaust which connects to that 3 stud flange and goes to a flex joint and continues on to the end. Looking at the flange i can sort of see inside it (looks like its filled with some sort of mesh stuff, not hollow). Well im just asking around but im thinking of going to the muffler man and asking if he can make a pipe up to join to the turbo and continue to the new aftermarket exhaust. Ive looked around but i cannot see how to get this dump pipe off. Has anyone done this and if its possible or am i in over my head. Or am i completely wrong lol. Cheers guys.
Ray.

The three bolt flange you are talking about is the bottom of your existing dump pipe, which is also your catalytic converter (honeycomb). It is joined to the turbo by 5 bolts, which you can get to once the heat shield is off. It also has a mount which from memory I had to get at from underneath.
I removed mine with the turbo in situ, with some manuvering it will come out through the top.
You will need something to replace it with though, and the flange is hard to find (well for me) so I bought a dump pipe already made which included a high flow cat (I decided to keep the Nav legal).

The replacement dump pipe often needs one of the studs in the turbo to be replaced with a shorter stud, the ones in the blister packs from supercheap/repco/autobarn fit perfectly, althoug they charge $5 or something stupid for it, but it got me out of trouble on a sunday!

Its a bit of a painful job, but certainly do-able.

Hope this helps.

Ray, just buy a new 3 inch dump pipe and get one with a nipple already welded on for your temp gage.

Cool thanks for the help. I may try and attempt something this week. As for a new dump pipe. If i went three inch turbo back with a cat and without a cat (i know its illegal) but wht would be the advantages? Performance sound etc. Cheers.

Just went to the local muffler shop and got priced 250 fOr a new dump pipe from the turbo to the original cat? Im guessing they would just weld it on to the original cat and then continues to the humex system. Whats your opinion on this?

Latest posts

Back