Techni Ice 12V fridge?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danwil3

Reaction score
I noticed this in a catalouge yesterday. Techni Ice has bought out a new 12v/24v/240v fridge for a price well below your Engel or Waeco of the same size. They come in 30L, 45L and 60L

Techniice 60L Car Fridge - Techni ice Australia

I bought a 70L esky off them a while back and it is brilliant. Has anyone had a chance to grab one of these yet and test it? I am very curious to know whether it can hold a candle to the current market leaders as well as there coolers do...

Probably exact replica of a waeco. For $600 delivered I can't see it being bad? Techni ice cooler boxes are awesome!

I'd want to see a real spec sheet that shows power consumption and ratings before I said it was a good deal.

Terms like
3 Stage Automatic Battery protector
2 Minute start delay to avoid voltage overload and surges
and
Reaches -25 at the plate

Mean very little and in some cases could even hint at them trying to hide actual information which may not be as well spec'd as their competitors, especially that last one.

I'd want to see a real spec sheet that shows power consumption and ratings before I said it was a good deal.

Terms like
3 Stage Automatic Battery protector
2 Minute start delay to avoid voltage overload and surges
and
Reaches -25 at the plate

Mean very little and in some cases could even hint at them trying to hide actual information which may not be as well spec'd as their competitors, especially that last one.

Yeah i'd be waiting on some reviews from people in the know first

At 32C it draws 1.49A per hour. That isn't bad, it's only slightly more than my Engel draws. Over a 24 hour period that's a smidge under 36A. With an 80W solar panel for 6 hours (during winter) you could recover all of that (obviously you need a second panel to account for the fridge running).

It doesn't LOOK bad. I'd still want to get a review from someone I could rely on. The 2 year warranty sounds good too, but of course it's useless if you're stuck at Nullagine.

Bringing up an old thread in case anyone wants some info. I bought one of these a couple of months ago. I got the 45L, great buy for $570 with the insulating bag and an upgrade to a 40L esky. No dramas as yet, ran it at home for a few weeks as a beer fridge and had it on 3 weekenders (one of which was 35 degree days and it sits pretty much hard up against the tonneau cover). Hasn't skipped a beat yet. Cant say much about power draw as i cant be bothered checking and its one of the only things running off my second battery (100Ah). Handles are a bit average to tie down from but in saying that the insulating bag does have a tie down ring in each corner, which seem to be stitched in fine so far.

A mate of mine has one all though he hasn't used it out camping all that much he has it running at home all the time for a beer fridge and hasn't missed a beat. It looks like it is made well and the insulated cover looks good to, I was surprised how it looked when told me to come around to have a look

Latest posts

Back