Medowie Forest. Newbie 4wd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insane

Reaction score
Gday all,

Recently bought my first newish car, and picked a beautiful blue 09 D40.

Just thought I'd share some photo's, took the girl 4WD'ing in Medowie state forest over the weekend with some mates.

Here i'm trying to avoid the next obstacle (you'll see why)

JG000469 by insane phototography, on Flickr

which I got peer pressured into doing anyway (lol)

JG000485 by insane phototography, on Flickr

Which resulted in needing a tow out (and finding there are no recovery points on the vehicle at all.)

JG000497 by insane phototography, on Flickr

then we found the mud doughey circle! (yes it's been used for this forever. not destroying anything)

JG000653 by insane phototography, on Flickr

had a heck of a time, and the Nav went great considering it's all stock except the bullbar, lights and tyres, and the tyres are 90k old and have almost no tread left.

My first time 4WDing as a driver not a passenger. Scary as hell but massively fun.

Thanks for looking all!

Dan

(Can I also say that the limit of 4 pics is highly annoying!)

Looks like you had some fun, and will be getting some recovery points and tyres soon!

You can either get recovery hooks on both chassis rails front and rear (total of 4 hooks) and use an equalisation strap to spread the load across the chassis members, OR get a winch mounted to the front and a tow pack to the back & use a hitch receiver.

I had no idea those tracks were there. Where's the entry to these tracks, can you flag those on a Google map for me?

Looks like you had some fun, and will be getting some recovery points and tyres soon!

I had no idea those tracks were there. Where's the entry to these tracks, can you flag those on a Google map for me?

carefull tony
a lot of strange things happen in the "medowie forest"
and
welcome to another local
enjoy the forum mate

yea there is some fun tracks out there i use to play out there a bit in the late 90's when i had my hilux it is mostly mud .yea tony there is a few spots along medowie road u can just jump into the bush

Latest posts

Back