Driveline shudder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey all, i posted this Q in my thread in DIY but just wanted to ask again to get some feedback. Just put new springs,shocks and all the rest of it on my D22 STR and had my suspension place wind up the front bars and give it a wheel alignment. since done the lift ive got a shudder when launching from a stop mainly on a hill, was told by suspension place that its t/shaft angle and its fairly common and will be ok. have any of you navarians thats had their d22 lifted ever experienced anything similar? everything was torqued up right and double checked by suspension place.
cheers

oh and thanks to those that replied in my DIY thread.

i have a efs 2 inch lift kit and have had no problem other than the lsd diff oil needed replacement

ive got one intersection where it does it all the time. but it seams to be clutch bounce. proberly because its cold and i have to do a tight turn at the same time and partly due to diff not slipping. fine if i get revs up and slip the clutch, which often spins the tires and throws the ute sideways......hoon!

i see theres a few comments on vechils with soft leaf springs shuddering due to whole axle/diff twisting when load goes on.

just reaching out here..

It could be your center bearing in the rear tailshaft, it might have been worn before the lift and now that its lifted and changed the angle on the shaft it might be saying hello to you.. just something to check out.

cheers mark.

i never had a drama with my lift. sometimes a bit of clutch shudder.

no problems here but maybe as someone pointed out its a comfort leaf thing as i am running heavy duty dobinsons so they really don't give much.

thanks for the feedback all, could be a soft spring thing too but these packs are a hell of a lot stiffer than originals. drop it back to suspension place on fri, tho it does seem to have gone away a little now. thanks again

Bob

After you queried the tiny shudder I tried several times to get my D40 to shudder yesterday - but it has gone which is why I said I didn't notice it anymore. Must be a 'bedding in' thing.

Bosshog.

Latest posts

Back